Thread: Corel Draw V17 to RD Works V8 to chinese laser problem

Corel Draw V17 to RD Works V8 to chinese laser problem

Hi

I have started using a chinese laser. All of my design files are in Corel so I use the RD Works macro to export from Corel to RD Works and then send the file to the laser. Everything works but......

In Corel I often reverse cut my drawing ie I design it then flip it over and then send this to the laser (Universal machine). With the chinese laser it looks like it works:- when I send it from Corel to RD Works, in RD Works the design shows as still flipped but then when I press start the laser cuts it face up ie somewhere between RD Works and the laser the file has became unflipped!!!

I've spent hours hunting for a solution, I'm assuming the problem is in RD Works but I can't find anything that ensues wysiwyg. Can anyone help or is the answer to try Lightburn?

TIA

ps If it's important, the controller is a Ruida 6442S controller. I have a 6445S but haven't had the time to do a changeover.

pps if anyone can tell me why it wont cut at the X and Y position on the page in RD Works? If I set it to Current Position, this works but if I try Anchor Point the machine starts the cut at the far right and in the middle of the bed, it ignores the anchor point in RD Works.
    Last edited by Allan Longson; 10-25-2022 at 2:55 AM.
    Universal 60W Laser, VLS6.60
    Driver 5.31.54.5

I've never used RD works, had a version once just to check it out but that was years ago. But one thing I've learned using Chinese machines, coming up with 'work-arounds' is common practice

My machine is a Triumph, and they use a program called PHCad/Lasersoft, not sure but I think they make it... it's similar to most Chinese software I've checked out.

This is the engraving setup menu I get once I'm ready to download to the machine, note the X mirror and Y mirror options, is your menu similar? Just wondering if somewhere you have a 'mirror' option enabled? OR, as a workaround, if you DO have a mirror option, enable it, and see if it fixes the engraving... just a thought!

========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Yes, there's an option to flip or mirror, somewhere in the RD settings - I've forgotten where. An easy fix though.
    Get it right and leave it alone!
    RD works is pretty straightforward once you get over their chinglish
    Best wishes,
    Ian

ULS M-300, 55w made 2002 with rotary. Goldenlaser 130 watt, 1300x700 made 2011.
    Flat bed 2500x1300 150/90watt 2 tube laser, 2018 model.
    Esab router, 1989, 4.5 x 2.0 m, conv. to Tekcel, and modded a 2nd time.
    HP L260-60". Roland PNC-1410. Mimaki GC-130 SU.
    Screenprinting carousel 6x4 and 7x4 ft 1-arm bandit vac table.
    Corel Draw X3, Illy, Indesign & Photoshop CS2 & CS5, Enroute 4
    Pencil, paper, paintbrush, airbrush & dagger-liners & assorted other stuff.

I tried the different settings of the X and Y mirror in RD Works and nothing changed. So I switched to Lightburn (their Corel macro runs so much better) and I had a similar issue but for Lightburn it's related to the origin (or home) of the laser head. It seems Chinese lasers can have the origin in any corner, once I indicated where the origin was everything went back to wysiwyg.
    Universal 60W Laser, VLS6.60
    Driver 5.31.54.5

Good job - & thanks for reporting your solution
    Best wishes,
    Ian

ULS M-300, 55w made 2002 with rotary. Goldenlaser 130 watt, 1300x700 made 2011.
    Flat bed 2500x1300 150/90watt 2 tube laser, 2018 model.
    Esab router, 1989, 4.5 x 2.0 m, conv. to Tekcel, and modded a 2nd time.
    HP L260-60". Roland PNC-1410. Mimaki GC-130 SU.
    Screenprinting carousel 6x4 and 7x4 ft 1-arm bandit vac table.
    Corel Draw X3, Illy, Indesign & Photoshop CS2 & CS5, Enroute 4
    Pencil, paper, paintbrush, airbrush & dagger-liners & assorted other stuff.