Thread: I think I did good.. Warning a gloat!

I think I did good.. Warning a gloat!

I have been looking for the non-existent TS75 for a long while. I managed find a used, one with an extra blade, clamps and 2 tracks for $700, which I think was a pretty good deal.

But I later went to pick up some wood the same guy was selling and I managed to bring home the combination of Curly Clairo Walnut, 9/4 finished and some Bastogne Walnut and 2 Woodpecker squares for $120. He threw in the last bit of ebony he had as well... It was a good day!!!

It is always great to meet a fellow woodworker and he was changing careers and knew what he had. He wanted it to go to someone who would use it in a special project. It was a good day!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 10-23-2022 at 7:57 PM. Reason: Rotated pictures

Posting your photos as attachments lets us see them much easier. Look for the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of your new post. It should be easy from there.

Charley

I fixed it for him, Charley.

Robert, indeed the woodworking sprites were smiling at you that day. I'm very jealous, both of the wood and that nice tool.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I fixed it for him, Charley.
    How about fixing them again so they are not upside down and sideways?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hayward View Post
    How about fixing them again so they are not upside down and sideways?
    That will require manipulating the original files and re-uploading them. I already pointed Robert to information about that stickied in the Forum Technical Support discussion area.
    --

Nice! Yes, you did well.
    Those Woodpecker squares are beautiful!!
    The TS75 is going to be a nice addition for you. It’s very powerful.
    I was breaking down 2” thick walnut slabs with mine yesterday.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Nice find. You earned the gloat.

I was wondering about the TS75. Is it being replaced by a battery model? I gave up waiting and bought a Mafell with the Mafell tracks. Big bucks, but a beast that will cut through anything. Probably wouldn't have gone that route if the TS75 was available.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Nice score. The 1218 alone new is about what you paid for that haul. The wood is fantastic and now you need to post your finished project.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!

Great deals for sure but the bigger gloat is your shop. Can’t see much but looks like a really nice place. I can just make out what looks like a nice euro style jointer or planer in the one picture. Regardless, nice score on the wood and tools. Congrats.

Thanks Greg! Your eyes spy correctly. That is a Mini-Max J/P combo. I had the amazing opportunity to build my dream shop, prior to the pandemic. I will put up a full "shop post" at some point, but I still pinch myself getting to work in that space. It is a 40x60 inside and I have a 12x60 "porch" outside to work from too.

68341410175__81E339D4-6CCD-4C9B-9D11-07C81AA80664.fullsizerender.jpg

I hope in your Shop Tour thread that you'll put in Workshops at some point, you also show folks the view that you enjoy from dusk to dark...THAT is something I've been jealous of for years now, Robert.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    I hope in your Shop Tour thread that you'll put in Workshops at some point, you also show folks the view that you enjoy from dusk to dark...THAT is something I've been jealous of for years now, Robert.
    Me too. Always wanted to go to Coeur d'Alene. All the pictures I've seen look gorgeous. Must be some sunset you see. And I can't imagine how many golf balls I would lose on that golf course. Probably about as many as I've left on the bottom of the lake on the 17th hole at Sawgrass.
    Last edited by Alan Lightstone; 10-25-2022 at 10:39 AM.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

We get some pretty amazing sunsets here. This is from when I was moving in and had stuff everywhere.

Robert1 Small.jpeg
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 10-25-2022 at 7:30 PM.