For years I have been relying solely upon pipe clamps and some HF aluminum bar clamps (which I upgraded a bit by installed a wood core to stiffen them up). I had some budget set aside to add to the clamps arsenal, and after a lot of research, I settled upon the Revo Junior clamps. I was so excited when they arrived, and I setup a nice spot for them to hang on the wall.

As I was hanging them up the first time, I started to fiddle around with them... and fiddle and fiddle and fiddle some more. There was seemingly no rhyme or reason as to what allows the jaw to slide back and forth. It was very puzzling to me that I would have to "figure out" how to use clamps, but I was still committed to my new toys. I admired how nicely they hung on the wall, and looked at my pipe clamps with near-embarrassment in comparison.

Before my next shop excursion where I would put the clamps to use, I read articles and watched videos on how to use the clamps. I tested what I had learned a bit, and then proceeded to start my glue up of 10 panels for my current project. I knew it would take nearly every clamp (new and old) to do all these at one sitting, but I was ready to go.

You know how panel glue ups can be a bit stressful when the clock is ticking, and I was literally cursing how damn fiddly the Bessey clamps were. So much difficulty getting the jaws to slide when you wanted them to, and stay put when commanded to. I figured it was just continued learning curve (which seemed ridiculous to me... they're clamps for goodness sake), but then I kept coming across clamps that would not clamp. Out of 18 brand new Bessey clamps, 6 of them simply would not tighten down no matter what I tried.

Luckily, I was able to scrounge enough of my other clamps to finish the task at hand without issue, but I sure was frustrated.

After the session, I spent hours troubleshooting the 6 offending clamps. Adjusting set screws, following pointers on youtube videos, reading on Bessey's website etc. etc. etc. In the end, I never could get them to work.

After multiple calls and emails, Rockler relented and is allowing me to return the clamps for full credit (but they sure did put up a fight, and I have a fun task of boxing up awkward cargo) and I plan to buy Dubuque aluminum bar clamps and some more pipe clamps instead. I mostly glue up panels and furniture projects (not cabinets), so I think I can delay my need for parallel clamps for awhile longer.

Anyways, just wanted to post this in case anyone is considering buying in the near future... I had read so many reviews and thought I was making a good choice, and only learned of many negative reviews while researching the specific issues that I found.

(Note: For those that have these clamps and love them, I do not mean any harm whatsoever)