Thread: Record-breaking service

Record-breaking service

I know this is an aberration, but I thought I'd report it anyway, just to show that service doesn't always suck.

I was attempting to re-heat some leftovers earlier today when I discovered our oven was was not working. After a workaround for lunch, I went on line to schedule an appointment with GE Appliance Service. I was surprised to find that they had an appointment available today, between 1:00 and 5:00 (it was already 1:20). Next available appointment was Wednesday next week, so I jumped on it - figured they must have had a cancellation today. Less than 10 minutes later, I get a call from a service tech, asking if I'd scheduled an appointment, and how I scheduled it. I told him, and he said they've been having trouble with their on line scheduling, but he could work me in - he'd be there in 15-20 minutes. He arrived in a little less than 20 minutes, with the part he expected to replace in-hand. 50 minutes later, he's out the door and our oven is working - one hour and 20 minutes from going on line to completed service!

I bought a couple of Powerball tickets yesterday for tonight's drawing. If my luck holds up, my next post will be from my private island in the Caribbean!

Gary, something like that would never happen to me, which is why I don't buy lottery tickets. But in your case I think you made the right decision. Let me know if you get that island and I'll come visit.

Sorry Gary, you used up all your luck on the service call, no private Caribbean island for you.