Thread: A craft table

A craft table

I mentioned before that I was making a craft table for my two youngest grand daughters, but I can't find that post now. It's taken me a while, but I finally have it completed. The base is an old treadle sewing machine. The top is maple with walnut inlay. May not look much like a little girls craft table, but they like it. As far as deciding on a finish, I went with poly, then covered the whole thing with plexiglass. If it gets too marred up, I can simply replace it. 20221015_172743.jpg And it has secrets. There is a small drawer under the table, with their names on each side.20221015_172823.jpg20221015_172928.jpg And it has another secret. Without going onto great detail, there is a pencil sharpener mounted, held against the treadle wheel with a torsion spring. While one of the pumps the treadle, the other can sharpen her colored pencil. 20221015_173031.jpg And there is one more secret. When not in use as a craft table, the top slides back, and down, and a secondary top put in place, which makes it a simple side table, not taking up as much space in the room.20221015_172612.jpg

Finally! Someone has come up with a good re-purposing for those old sewing machine tables. Thanks Greg, good idea and execution.
    < insert spurious quote here >