Thread: Stanley No. 3 Type 15

Stanley No. 3 Type 15

More Photos and small video in Google Drive link!
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/HM7vK8L4dgNDz2Z39

Gorgeous condition Stanley No. 3 Type 15 no cracks or chips in the rosewood, japanning is near 100% and the blade is SW. Asking $100 with free shipping.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5492.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	120.0 KB 
ID:	487858Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5493.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	487859

Lowering price to $90 + free shipping

Just as an FYI this is the last type with the keyhole lever cap and the SW blades.

Blog Entries
    It is also the last type with the old style frog. After this, the ogee style frog came into the world of Stanley as a production cost reduction measure. Bedrock planes never switched to the ogee type frog.

This one is almost tempting to me, but there are already two #3 Stanley/Bailey planes in my shop.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    It is also the last type with the old style frog. After this, the ogee style frog came into the world of Stanley as a production cost reduction measure. Bedrock planes never switched to the ogee type frog.

This one is almost tempting to me, but there are already two #3 Stanley/Bailey planes in my shop.

jtk
    Same here. If only it were listed a few weeks earlier as I have one showing up from James Spangler in today's mail. Beautiful plane. Someone will snatch it up soon.

Last drop $85+free shipping

Why no one more plane in my till. Pm to follow.

This is SOLD!