Thread: Delta 1836 surfacing sander Mod 31-255X type 2

Delta 1836 surfacing sander Mod 31-255X type 2

I need a small gear in the feed motor gear reduction box for this sander. It appears everything is "discontinued". The motor is a 90 vdc PN 911611 for reference. Anyone have suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Barclay View Post

I need a small gear in the feed motor gear reduction box for this sander. It appears everything is "discontinued". The motor is a 90 vdc PN 911611 for reference. Anyone have suggestions?
    Welcome Ben. Sometimes parts are discontinued because the manufacturer is no longer supporting the machine—tough to overcome on proprietary parts. But, many small parts are common and may be sourced through channels like McMaster-Carr, Fastenal, Motion, etc. Hopefully you have enough of that gear left to get some measurements. I don’t know gear sources, so hang tight on here and you’ll get directions to hunt if nothing else.
    earl

yes i do have the original gear and detailed dimensions. communicated with Boston Gear but they couldn't help. thanks.

Blog Entries
    You may have to replace the entire gear motor assembly to get your machine going. Careful hunting or a good motor shop might lead you to a suitable replacement gear motor. Don't forget to check eBay. I see a you tube about that sander. Watching it later.
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 10-11-2022 at 9:50 AM.
    Best Regards, Maurice