Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shellac bungle

SealCoat is a 2 lb cut.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    Last, consider using Zinnser Sealcoat instead of Bullseye. It's dewaxed, and about a 1.5# cut. So, it's more forgiving and versatile as a finish or sealer. The color is about half way between the blonde and the amber bullseye products.
    The amber and orange stuff (Bullseye) is 3# cut. Sealcoat, sort of a super-blonde color, is 2# cut. The aerosol stuff is a light cut (1# and wax free but I can't guarantee that as I don't have the TDS in front of me).
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

It's time to close-this-off ... THANK YOU all for helping me get 'here'. I called Mr Zinnser on the 14th ... he agreed that the right thing-to-do was to let-it dry-out, and that after 10 days it was about as-dry as it would get. I waited another day, then did my utmost to sand-smooth. I thinned the next coat 3 / 2 to get a 2# cut and proceeded to spray-on. It dried as it was supposed-to ... and sanded smooth with 320 like it was supposed-to. I decide to to try 'padding' as Glen Bradley suggested. That 1st 'application' came-out perfectly smooth ... yet, as expected, with some light areas. The 2nd application 'mooted' most-of-that and it was obvious that to 'win' I'd just have to keep applying coats till I was satisfied that I had an even finish. That ended-up being 4 on the 'carcass' and 6 on the top.

2022-10-Chest.jpg