Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Russian Birch Price Jolt

18mm 5' x 5' BB/BB Russian Birch was $78.70 a sheet +$7.66 sales tax and a $10 "CPU LOAD FEE". Found out CPU means Customer Pick Up. I asked the girl if they would deliver it for $10 and she just smiled at me. Guess this is kinda like self check out at the grocery store. Also a 1.5% credit card processing fee for a grand total of $97.81. This was at AWP Wood Products in Little Rock, AR today.
    BillL

Quote Originally Posted by John Goodin View Post
    Fine Lumber. I was shocked because they always seem to be fairly priced. Not that there are many options in Austin. What part of Austin do you live. I am far west Cedar Park off Anderson Mill.
    I also go to Fine Lumber. What other options do you know of in Austin because that's really the only one I know of. I'm in Leander.
    chris

Quote Originally Posted by John Goodin View Post
    Fine Lumber. I was shocked because they always seem to be fairly priced. Not that there are many options in Austin. What part of Austin do you live. I am far west Cedar Park off Anderson Mill.
    I’m in NW Austin as well, off FM620 and Anderson Mill. Since I usually want to buy hardwood lumber at the same time, I use Fine Lumber. But there is also Dakota Premium Hardwoods that I’d like to visit. It’s about the same distance from my house. Their website shows a broad selection of plywoods, including some with hardwood veneer. Not sure what their hardwood selection looks like.

One of the employees at Fine Lumber did mention the owner doesn’t post pricing online because of competitors. I thought that was interesting because cost is a bit of a mystery until they total it up.