Thread: Fuji HVLP aircap loose

Fuji HVLP aircap loose

My Fuji HVLP gun isn't spraying like it was yesterday. Noticed the aircap is really loose on the gun no matter how much I tighten the collar. The only thing I can think of is that the air diffuser seal has gotten compressed. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Hunh? I have a Fuji HVLP gun - the XPC - and the air cap is held in place by a metal threaded ring. That is, the air cap is held by metal-to-metal surfaces. There’s no gasket. In fact, I don’t know if anything on this gun which could be called an air diffuser seal.

Have you confirmed your needle and nozzle are clean and fully seated?

Jamie,

The air diffuser is a plastic seal is between the air diffuser and the gun body, at least on the T70 guns. I didn't see one on the XPC parts diagram. Turns our mine is smooshed and spread out so it stuck out of the gun body in a few spots and the collar (threaded ring) would hit it and couldn't tighten all the way down.

Yep, as I mentioned to Jamie, one of my seals on the gun is smooshed and deformed and was stopping me from tightening the air cap all the way down.