Thread: Florida and South Carolina members checking in after Hurricane. Everyone OK?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Florida and South Carolina members checking in after Hurricane. Everyone OK?

Just wanted to make sure that our members that were impacted by Hurricane Ian are OK and don't need any help.

We live directly on the Intercoastal in Seminole, FL (just South of Clearwater), so were expecting massive storm surge and Cat 4 winds. The predicted storm surge would have destroyed my workshop. The house, hopefully would have survived. Being in evacuation zone A, myself, kids, 3 dogs, and grandchild evacuated to a hotel in Tampa and rode out the storm there. Pretty impressive. On one dog walk outside, one of my dogs was like a kite. Last dog walk outside for them.

Fortunately for us, the storm veered Southeast and spared us, just like Hurricane Charley did. Amazingly, we didn't lose power, although hundreds of thousands of people did in Pinellas County. No power for over a million people south of us. The pictures and reports south of us are heartbreaking. My daughter went to college in Ft Myers. Unclear what is left of her school. She is stunned looking at the pictures of places she used to go. And what is going to happen to thousands of students down there who have no homes and whose schools were destroyed. Sadly, but fortunately, our state is as prepared for this as you can be, and resources are flooding in to help and save people and their pets. As far as their houses, massive numbers are total losses.

I know we have a number of members who were directly in the path of the massive hurricane. Please check-in so that we know you are ok, and if you need any help, please let us know.
    Last edited by Alan Lightstone; 10-01-2022 at 10:20 AM.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.