Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Application of criminal law in the Uk

A certain YouTuber (self-defense expert, and has analyzed tens of thousands of videos of violent incidents) I watch has a couple of phrases he uses regularly that I like:

”You put the quarter in the jukebox, you get to dance the dance.”

”Don’t go stupid places, at stupid times, with stupid people, and do stupid things.”

With regards to the last one, he often mentions that you might get away with violating one, but if you often break more than that, it will eventually catch up with you.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Quote Originally Posted by andrew whicker View Post
    I don't understand. He got screwed by the system, but I shouldn't feel bad because he had a minor (?) drug charge?

Were you a defense attorney then? My grandpa was a defense attorney. Lots of stories.
    He was sentenced to more than eight months on the drug charge. The time he spent pretrial for the charge he was acquitted on was applied to that (longer) sentence.

If you are actually serving more than eight months, some people might not consider that to be a "minor" charge.

The person who made the false report and likely committed perjury probably faced no consequences.

If you want to fix the system, that would be a good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Well Perry, I agree. There is a old saying that goes….something like this. “They made him the guinea pig”. As an attorney ,you know that
    the fact that the animal in question was a guinea pig is “ highly prejudicial “. The judge should have demanded that the animal be only
    referred to as a creature in “the rat family “.
    The judge could have used the name cavy, which is the proper name.

www.acbaonline.com

Yes, Cavy shows are a thing