Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nitrile glove source

Nitrile glove source

I've used Harbor Freight brand 5 mil vinyl gloves for years without problems. Recently opened a box I bought 6 months ago and every pair is tearing during a one time use. Same use situations as before. Never happened with any of the previous boxes.

Just curious if anyone else has seen this and if there might be higher quality options at a similar price? thanks Brian
    Brian

thanks for the heads up. I use HF nitrile gloves too. Will take note for next time.

Nitrile and vinyl are different polymers. Which are you taking issue with? (Nitrile is generally better/stronger and suited to chemical resistance; vinyl is thus generally cheaper.)

I use the heavier 7 mil gloves from HFT and haven't had any issues with tearing, at least yet.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

+1 on Jim's statement. Best 7 mil nitrile I've ever used, just picked up a fresh box a couple weeks ago. Last better than the brand with the spider on the box. Not unusual to get 2-3 uses per pair - they hold up that well. Only hit the trash due to buildup of stain.
    HFT is usually a good value, but unfortunately, expect some zingers in the mix.

jeff

I use the Raven brand Black nitrile 6 mil gloves from Amazon. About $20 for 100 gloves (comparable price to HF 7 mil). Very durable (and less "smurf-like" ) I don't think I've ever torn one putting them on.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Sam's Club or Costco exam gloves work just fine for most of my uses, and they are usually much less expensive.

I picked up some Kirkland brand nitrile exam gloves at Costco that are more durable than the HF gloves I had been using.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

If you're in Indy you have Menards. The Venom nitrile gloves in their paint department are what I use.

The Venom nitrile gloves
    Those are the "spider on the box" ones I was trying to remember. They rip fairly easily, compared to the HFT, IME.

Recently, Project Farm tested several brands of nitrile and latex gloves. The video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfNnvvSPyCU
    David Walser
    Mesa, Arizona

I've been using the Home Depot gloves. HDX 6 mil gloves. Tough enough that I got 2 - 3 uses per pair during a recent finishing project.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I use harbor freight nitrile gloves. You can pick the thickness from 3-12 mil with increasing price. 5mil is adequate but feels a little thin, 7+mil is good. I think they had quality control issues d/t the pandemic with gloves tearing easily or already torn in the box. Also the price more than doubled. But the last box I got was better or back to normal quality.

I use the Venom Steel gloves from Amazon.....work really well and tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm McLeod View Post
    Nitrile and vinyl are different polymers. Which are you taking issue with? (Nitrile is generally better/stronger and suited to chemical resistance; vinyl is thus generally cheaper.)
    Nitrile, sorry used vinyl in error.
    Brian