Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aluminum garden hose fittings

have them from box store as replacement ends and crappy. have the metail disconnect ones from there and not well designed. Use them when car detailing., Poor design try and get them to disconnected when there is some car wash on them or your hands. Grief.

For years ive marvelled at so many different products that when we use them, that is really use how poorly stuff is designed. Pole trimmers and example enough that ive written and told them what they need to change. I have over 100 cedars here cut and maintained from seedlings and the time period needed to keep them in control very quickly after some hours showed design issues.

Mel lady down the road has a Dalmatian. Said she never get another one. Better just get a white dog and paint a bunch of spots on it. Last week around five dogs at once and one stood out. White manicured poodle, looked Paris Hilton but it was calm and smart as hell.I could likely ask it to help with my bookkeeping.
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 09-28-2022 at 3:14 PM.

Around here at least, much of the problem with 'gritty' fittings have more to do with calcium build-up than corrosion, and calcium doesn't care WHAT'S connecting your hose, brass, aluminum or plastic. All of my Rainbirds, the cheap plastic ones and the expensive brass ones, all move in slow motion due to calcium buildup. Every so often I douse 'em with muriatic acid then lube 'em up a bit. 3 months later they need it again...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

as some info, the legacy made bright green Flexzilla hoses that are talked about in the first 5 or so posts are not "flex" hoses. They are a hybrid rubber with high quality ends and ball bearing swivels. excellent stuff and well worth a few bucks over the cheaper garden hose. I use their hoses and air lines exclusively.

The "flex" hoses others are talking about are usually cheap toys made of very thin fabric and silicone hose that stretches with the water pressure.

I have the brass fitings on my hoses 2 of them I bought in 1974 and 1 in 1987 all 3 are still in great shape

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Herman View Post
    as some info, the legacy made bright green Flexzilla hoses that are talked about in the first 5 or so posts are not "flex" hoses. They are a hybrid rubber with high quality ends and ball bearing swivels. excellent stuff and well worth a few bucks over the cheaper garden hose. I use their hoses and air lines exclusively.

The "flex" hoses others are talking about are usually cheap toys made of very thin fabric and silicone hose that stretches with the water pressure.

I have a couple of Flexzilla air hoses https://www.flexzilla.com/air/, and I'm really pleased with them. They do a great job of resisting kinking and grabbing onto things.
    I have not had the need to try their garden hoses yet, but when the time comes, I would not hesitate. They will be at the top of the list.