Thread: Lou Sauzedde location

Lou Sauzedde location

I am guessing that Lou (Bristol Shipwrights) is based in Bristol RI. Can anyone tell me for sure? I have in-laws there and am headed down next week for my niece's wedding. It would be cool to track him down.

For those not familiar with Lou Sauzedde, he has a very interesting series of boatbuilding videos on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNr5...dm9Zu-&index=1 I enjoy the heck out of seeing another old guy still excited about his craft, keeping up and passing on the traditional skills while incorporating new materials and techniques.
    Last edited by Kevin Jenness; 09-26-2022 at 9:01 AM.

A google search comes up with someone of that name in North Kingstown RI. Here's a link in case you dont already have this info. LINK. Hope it helps.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Surely Jamestown Distributing can put you in touch with him.

Or call Total Boat @ 401 396-8199(401) 396-8199
    Last edited by andy bessette; 09-25-2022 at 5:14 PM.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

Blog Entries
    I could watch and listen to Lou all day long. He could make watching paint dry interesting.

Do you think he's the kind of guy who would appreciate a random stranger dropping by? I honestly don't know. I'm recalling Marc Spagnuolo recently mentioning a few people tracked down his home address in Denver and randomly showed up for a very awkward and somewhat creepy experience.

A few years ago when all the motorcycle and car building shows were on it became a problem almost instantly. People showing up thinking they could just hang out and watch/ "help". They had to get security to keep everyone out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Germain View Post
    ...people tracked down his home address in Denver and randomly showed up for a very awkward and somewhat creepy experience.
    I would not even show up at a friend's house, uninvited and unannounced.
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Germain View Post
    Do you think he's the kind of guy who would appreciate a random stranger dropping by? I honestly don't know. I'm recalling Marc Spagnuolo recently mentioning a few people tracked down his home address in Denver and randomly showed up for a very awkward and somewhat creepy experience.
    For some reason I had missed the contact page on his website before I posted here. I sent an email offering a turning in exchange for a nickel shop tour. Perhaps I will be granted an audience.

I wouldn't look up a youtube performer at home but I don't think stopping by an active boat shop or cabinet shop constitutes stalking. Most folks are willing to chat if not too busy and feel free to say so if they are.
    Last edited by Kevin Jenness; 09-26-2022 at 3:52 PM.