Thread: Bandsaw what blade saw?

Bandsaw what blade saw?

I have bandsaw manufacter is Grizzly bandsaw owners manual says 131.5. The thing I will be cutting softwood to hardwwoods to thin plywood. Do I need multiple blades? What size of blade 3/4 or 1/2? How many teeth per inch? I am new to woodworking? Not crazy about the factory blade.
    Just looking for a better blade. I checked Olsonsaw they said they would have to make it. It would be a 7 to 10 day time frame witch is fine. I couldn't find any one that had 131.5 inch blade. So your help would be greatly appreciated.

A 1/2" 3 or 4 tooth per inch is a reasonable general purpose blade for most solid lumber cutting. It will cut thin plywood but the cut may be rougher than would be preferred. In that case you could use a blade with more teeth per inch. A 1/2 blade will cut curves to fairly tight radius, on the order of 3/4" depending on blade specifics. If you anticipate cutting tighter curves a narrower blade would be in order.

Highland woodworking usually stocks 131.5" blades in some blade widths and tooth count.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

The OEM blades supplied with saws are usually not very good quality.
    I agree with Paul's comments, except a 1/2" blade typically has a cutting radius of 2 1/2" (a 5" circle) and that's pretty tight.
    If you're cutting plywood regularly, I would lean toward the 4 tpi for a better quality cut.

Oops, Edward is right; it's a 1/4" blade that can manage a 3/4 radius cut.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Blog Entries
    Check with Timberwolf Bandsaw blades. They list 131.5" blades. I would suggest that you call them and discuss what you will be trying to cut.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I've had decent luck with SuperCut in the past though they seem kinda spendy these days. This might be worth a few minutes to read for basic info.

https://supercutbandsaw.com/pages/ho...-bandsaw-blade

131.5" is a fairly common size. You shouldn't have any trouble finding them from multiple vendors.

This is the best post I have seen

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....=bandsaw+blade