Thread: Hmm -- Don't know what to think about this

Hmm -- Don't know what to think about this

I'm not quite sure what to think of this.

(possible Scam) 'https://www.ginshe.shop/products/30?variant_sku_code=1930296-0-0-0-0-0-0""]https://www.ginshe.shop/products/30?variant_sku_code=1930296-0-0-0-0-0-0

My thought is the tools are probably returns/referbs, maybe, maybe not. The other part of me says: "If it's to good to be true... ." and "If you don't/won't use them is it really a bargain?" I'm really tempted.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 09-19-2022 at 4:11 PM. Reason: removed direct link

Given that a 10 tool kit on Amazon goes for $800 I think it's safe to assume a 24 piece kit for $50 is a scam.

My experience dealing with a similar listing for a tool box was that it was a scam. I have seen both Lowe's and Home Depot names associated with these kinds of listings. If you decide to actually order from any of these web sights use PayPal, you can get your money returned real quick.

The old adage: "if it seems to good to be true, then it probably is." applies to everything you see on the internet...

Quote Originally Posted by timothy snider View Post
    I'm not quite sure what to think of this.

(possible scam) 'https://www.ginshe.shop/products/30?variant_sku_code=1930296-0-0-0-0-0-0""]https://www.ginshe.shop/products/30?variant_sku_code=1930296-0-0-0-0-0-0

My thought is the tools are probably returns/referbs, maybe, maybe not. The other part of me says: "If it's to good to be true... ." and "If you don't/won't use them is it really a bargain?" I'm really tempted.
    I thought this was probably a scam at best. Wonder who falls for it.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 09-19-2022 at 4:12 PM.

Site created aug 31, less then two weeks ago. no reviews, no physical address, all returns at customer expense. Home Depot logo look like wrong font?
    Order tracking, shipping, contact links at top do not work so no way to contact if there are any problems.
    Bill D
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 09-19-2022 at 2:42 PM.

It's a scam - suggest removing the original link @timothy snider

I took a shot at it through paypal....ive spent more than that on lottery tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Loposser View Post
    I took a shot at it through paypal....ive spent more than that on lottery tickets

You will of course let us know how this turns out right?

These scams pop up frequently. An acquaintance , against all advice to the contrary, tried it out but without PayPal. That was four years ago, but by now he has given up hope of delivery.

Interestingly, the audio book I’m listening to is about con men and why we fall for their scams. It makes clear that no one is the exception and that everyone can be conned.

Greed is one of the best methods used to switch your brain from thinking logically to thinking emotionally. It’s what would lead someone, who reasonably knows an $800 tool bundle couldn’t possibly be offered for $50, to convince themselves it could be real.

The book is called “The Confidence Game” by Maria Konikova. Great insights.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    My experience dealing with a similar listing for a tool box was that it was a scam. I have seen both Lowe's and Home Depot names associated with these kinds of listings. If you decide to actually order from any of these web sights use PayPal, you can get your money returned real quick.
    I got scammed using paypal. Supplier provided fake proof of delivery to them. Brian

They faked a FedEx delivery as well, reporting that the delivery was made. PayPal was obviously aware of the scam, they refunded my money in less then an hour.