Thread: New tires

Blog Entries

New tires

My new band saw tires arrived today via the post office. I purchased a pair of tires from Sulphur Grove Tool. After looking at their website and not finding the model number of my Delta Band Saw model 28-274C listed in their tire selector, I emailed them with the width of my wheels and thickness of the old tires. Rick Daniel responded and assured me that their 1" x .095 x 14"tires would fit my saw.

With the help of two zip ties at 3 o'clock and 8 o'clock on each wheel and a plastic windshield gasket tool that I acquired somewhere, I had both non-heated tires on within 20 minutes. They don't recommend heating them. The lower wheel was pretty easy, but the upper wheel has less clearance due to the guarding so it took a bit more time. As promised the new tires fir perfectly inside the .962 wide space between the rims. I'm going to let the tires acclimate for a couple of days before I put on a blade.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 09-16-2022 at 6:54 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute