Thread: Photoshop CC 2022

Photoshop CC 2022

I'm having trouble with content aware crop in PS. The check box does not even appear when cropping a photo. I have the latest version of PS. I have un-installed it and reinstalled it. The photos are not smart objects either.
    Windows 10, 64 bit.
    Any thoughts?

Thank you.

I wish I could help you with that Jerry, but I don't use that feature. I do most processing in Lightroom and only bring up PS when I need to resize or do some other forms of manipulation that LR doesn't support.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I haven't used PS in a while but you don't ue content aware with the crop tool. You would outline the object you want to get rid of with something like the lasso tool and then chose EDIT...FILL...and in the USE box dropdown select Content Aware...

I would check with Adobe to see if that feature is supported on Windows 10. I'm a Mac user and when my iMac could not longer be updated with the latest OS, I could not access all Photoshop features as well as some in other software packages.

Just tried it: it's not a checkbox anymore, it's an icon, furthest to the right on the option bar when the crop tool is selected.
    But if you hover over it with 'tool tips' enabled, it says 'Content Aware Fill'.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry McFadden View Post
    I haven't used PS in a while but you don't ue content aware with the crop tool. You would outline the object you want to get rid of with something like the lasso tool and then chose EDIT...FILL...and in the USE box dropdown select Content Aware...
    It also uses content-aware fill to fill in holes around the edges if your crop (or straighten) extends the boundaries of the image.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I just found out about the icon. I am up and running.
    Thanks all.