Thread: Kapex / Sawstop Sliding Crosscut Table - Questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Kapex / Sawstop Sliding Crosscut Table - Questions

I had every intention yesterday of picking up a Kapex to replace my Dewalt non-sliding miter saw to improve dust collection but when I went to look at the Kapex the sliding crosscut table attachment for my Sawstop PCS caught my eye instead. Having previously owned a KF500 slider saw, the approach seems like a nice compromise even though I realize it will be far from the blade once installed. Having the 36” version of the PCS fence, the idea of more easily handling a 48” cut via the left side of the blade seemed to make sense while thinking it over in the store. Also I theorized the dust collection on the table saw would be better.

Anyway, after doing a good bit of reading I’m wondering now if I haven’t made a mistake. I realize they are two different tool categories but they do share some overlap for everyday general repetitive cuts. I’ve never owned a Kapex and don’t know if it would have made that much improvement in areas other than dust collection but am sort of looking for some feedback as I can only justify one or the other at this point in time.

Anyone using the newest version of the sawstop crosscut table that likes it, doesn’t like it, has feedback? Anyone wish they hadn’t bought it and just uses their Kapex or miter saw for those cuts instead? I know this is somewhat subjective based on each persons preferred workflow and style but Thanks for any input.
    Last edited by Greg Parrish; 09-14-2022 at 7:04 AM.