Thread: Sulphur Grove Tool

Blog Entries

Sulphur Grove Tool

Has anyone done business with Sulphur Grove Tool? They seem to have the correct tires at a decent price for my 14" Delta Model 28-274C. Their tires are 1" wide and 0.095 thick which is the closest match I found for what was/is on the saw. Their customer service says they will fit my saw. I was referred to them by two of the other suppliers I contacted. I will be replacing both tires with new urethane tires.

Yes I've checked out a number of other suppliers.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

They work fine. They're on my 14" Delta, and one of the 10" saws on one wheel. I think they were a little wide for the 10" saw, but I did some rough trimming in place with a utility knife after it was on, and no worries.

Yes, a couple times. Good service and the products worked, including tires for my 17" saw
    JonathanJungDesign.com

I've used their tires on 3 saws now, no problems and they don't seem to wear at all even after years. I have bought them through eBay as I recall, not directly from SGT.

I've not done business with them but I do remember them being recommended for BS tires in several past threads.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I bought tires (for my 18” Rikon) directly from Sulphur Grove. The tires are good.

What I didn’t know till later was the price direct from the company was significantly higher than the identical Sulphur Grove tires from a reseller. This seemed odd to me. I sent an email asking about this but they did not respond. I don’t know of this price difference is still the case, or if SG even uses dealers now, but it might be something to check into.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Has anyone done business with Sulphur Grove Tool? They seem to have the correct tires at a decent price for my 14" Delta Model 28-274C. Their tires are 1" wide and 0.095 thick which is the closest match I found for what was/is on the saw. Their customer service says they will fit my saw. I was referred to them by two of the other suppliers I contacted. I will be replacing both tires with new urethane tires.

Yes I've checked out a number of other suppliers.

First set of SGT tires lasted twenty years on my Delta 14". Replacement set only has a couple years on them. Check out "Blue Max" tires also

I recently used their tires on my Laguna 14 and they fit and worked well. When I talked to their customer service they offered to cut the tire to the nearest 1/16 if width is a problem.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    I bought tires (for my 18” Rikon) directly from Sulphur Grove. The tires are good.

What I didn’t know till later was the price direct from the company was significantly higher than the identical Sulphur Grove tires from a reseller. This seemed odd to me. I sent an email asking about this but they did not respond. I don’t know of this price difference is still the case, or if SG even uses dealers now, but it might be something to check into.

JKJ
    I see what you mean. They were about $2 a pair cheaper from a reseller. However, I understand that Sulphur Grove Tool will cut them down if needed. My wheel rims are not quite an inch apart. I'm not sure the reseller would do that.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Just installed their new tires on my 18" jet bandsaw. Very good result and good company to work with
    Epilog Mini 24-45W, Corel Draw X6, Photoshop CS5, Multi Cam CNC

Blog Entries

Tire update

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I see what you mean. They were about $2 a pair cheaper from a reseller. However, I understand that Sulphur Grove Tool will cut them down if needed. My wheel rims are not quite an inch apart. I'm not sure the reseller would do that.
    I just ordered new tires from Sulphur Grove. The tires were 36.95 for the pair, no tax and no shipping.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!