Thread: Fake "Amazon" ship notices

Fake "Amazon" ship notices

Just got a dozen. Wanting me to sign in to "Amazon". Nope.

Beware.

edited to add: Just to be safe, I changed my Amazon password
    Last edited by Tom M King; 09-11-2022 at 12:20 PM.

I get the phone calls that tell me they're about to charge me $1,450 for something. If I didn't order it, press 1. I hang up.

I often think I should press 1 just to see what information they'd try to get out of me.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Blog Entries
    I report those to abuse@amazon.com
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I've been getting a bunch of email notices mimicking invoices for Norton, McAfee, IT services from companies I've never heard of and other phishing junk. Most of them are in the $300-450 range. This is recent in the last month or so. I had gone a couple of years without this crap. Ah well, it's easy enough to delete.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Recieved a phone call today, my power was due to be shut off at noon due to lack of payment. I could prevent shut off with an immediate partial payment. Wasn't born yesterday and haven't missed a payment in over 45 years. Scam calls really tick me off

I just got 4 of those calls that said I ordered something and wanted me to push 1. I will never do that as it justs shows that you are a real person and they can sell your number.

Back when I had a land line my phone was also a fax machine. When I would get a call and it was someone trying to sell me something I would push the fax button and blast them with that noise. My cell phone does a good job blocking most spam phone calls.