Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Things we should know but maybe don't

I think we all know a refrigerator should always be plugged into the bottom outlet and a heating device into the top outlet for most efficiency.
    Bill D

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Orange is isolated ground. Not really possible to make a insulated outlet that conducts.
    Bill D
    my bad that is what I meant

I suppose the different colored caps on fire hydrants should be thrown into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hunkele View Post
    I suppose the different colored caps on fire hydrants should be thrown into the mix.

I think that varies by department to some extent. There is a national standard but ...
    Oakland Califorina used to have a different size hydrant connection but state law forced them to change after the Oakland hills fire killed 25 people and destroyed almost 3,000 homes in the city city. Only nearby fire departments had adapters so departments more then 50 miles away could not help.
    San Francisco still uses a non standard 3 inch hydrant and some big high pressure, 300 PSI, hydrants downtown as well.
    Bill D

https://nfsa.org/2021/02/12/why-aren...-hydrants-red/

We buy two ply paper and I re-roll it into two rolls of single ply.
    Bill D.
    Sounds like a secret the experts don't want you to know!!!!

I suppose you could buy quilted paper and unroll it into two sheets and a layer of quilting to get three times as much use per roll.
    Bill D

I suppose you could buy quilted paper and unroll it into two sheets and a layer of quilting to get three times as much use per roll.
    Bill D
    If I ever get to a point in life where that sounds like a good idea, I'll just go ahead and punch my own ticket.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.