Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Folding Work Table ideas ??

I've been using the Bora Centipede work supports in the shop lately. I've got two - a 2' x 4' with the folding table top with dog/clamp holes that works *great* for a quick work surface, and a 4' x 8' with a sheet of 2" rigid foam insulation for cutting sheet goods. I have another sheet of 2" foam insulation cut into thirds that worked decent on top of 2x4s and saw horses. The smaller pieces are easier to handle and store, but the 4x8 centipede is more stable (to me). One of the sections fits pretty well on top of the smaller centipede for small jobs, like having to do a cut out on a cabinet face frame to fit a farmhouse sink the other day. And as mentioned, they store very compactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Parrish View Post
    I’m in need of a flat table for assembly, glue up, painting, etc. My quandary is that I need it to be folding or easy to disassemble. I’ve looked at the MFT but its a little small. I’ve looked at the Kreg ACS and its not too bad. I’ve also looked at the Dash-Board but it’s super pricey. Are there any others to check out?

The other idea would be to build something like a mini Paulk workbench style top and use two saw horses or Kreg folding work tables to hold it when needed. Any recommended designs or plans for something light enough to move and lean against the wall when not in use?

Thanks for any ideas.
    Had a similar issue with my garage, this is my version of a folding folding MFT, assembly, cutting and panel tilting table.
    IMG_1521.jpg
    IMG_1532.jpg
    IMG_1541.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bijesh Jacob View Post
    Had a similar issue with my garage, this is my version of a folding folding MFT, assembly, cutting and panel tilting table.
    IMG_1521.jpg
    IMG_1532.jpg
    IMG_1541.jpg

That is a great idea. Where did you by the table base?

I designed and built a rolling table with legs that fold flat so it can be mounted on a wall. The legs are also height adjustable to accommodate my uneven garage floor. This works great for my purposes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Andrews View Post
    I designed and built a rolling table with legs that fold flat so it can be mounted on a wall. The legs are also height adjustable to accommodate my uneven garage floor. This works great for my purposes.
    I bet it does. That's really nice.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Clever embedding that tee-track! Very nice solution.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Clever embedding that tee-track! Very nice solution.
    Thanks Jim. I solved this problem in a slightly different way when I modified the legs on my SawStop TS. If I were to build the folding table again, I would use this method, it works a bit more smoothly. I built an outer leg to allow the SS metal leg to slide inside, and installed a metal threaded insert for the knob to lock it in place.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Falk View Post
    That is a great idea. Where did you by the table base?
    Custom welded by me, so i was able to build the exact dimensions I wanted, including being the same height as the K3 saw.

I thought this guy's table was very clever. Folds flat and stores up on the wall.
    Don't know if it's a good solution for your situation, but have a look:

https://www.tiktok.com/@neilthegarag...23813423172907

Hope it is helpful to you.

Excellent design and build. Nice job.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I love seeing the assorted solutions we all come up with. Greg, as to the MFT being to small the solution is the Parf Guide II. I bought it last year and have knocked out a couple tops of assorted sizes, mine being 38x65 and a couple others for friends as gifts. I have used my top on low wooden saw horses, some 2” sq leg and 2’ channel iron horses, which are very substantial. I use notched 2x4’s as a bridge base and it is very solid. I have also thrown it up onto my workbench top, but it is really to high at that point. I tip the top off the horses, insert a couple of the long 20mm dogs as handles and I can slide it across the floor quite easily to either its storage location or where I need it for the work. I do not “lift” the 3/4” mdf as there is no joy there, but I can tip and slide that baby really well. I am considering making a couple 16, 18 or 24”x7-8’ tables that I could with minimal effort go E-E or SxS. The Parf Guide offers these solutions…or fantasies