Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: another contributor not getting any SMC subscription emails

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Koehl View Post
    Emails should be flowing again, particularly to gmail users.
    It's working for me. Thanks!
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Saffold View Post
    Thanks Aaron, I just got an update on this thread.

Will I be getting daily updates on the classified section? Are immediate email updates available on the classifieds?
    Paul, yes, any forum you're subscribed to will have a daily email digest; plus any immediate updates (although there is up to a 10 minute delay as emails are batched for sending.)
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Sorry to chime in but I'm having the same problem. No daily emails from Classified Ads and the Turners forum for weeks. I cleared cache, checked my "daily notification by email" check box, and have noreply@sawmillcreek.org added to my Address Book. I use Comcast for my email. What other things can I check?

I am still not getting the daily emails about classified either. I would really like to get instant updates whenever there is any new post or comment but since that isn't an option I don't care about the daily updates.

I am gmail user, tried everything in this thread, no luck...
    all settings are right....
    they have always been right, I used to get notifications, but they stopped for no reason...
    I noticed this problem happening many times over the past 10 years, it works, it stops working, etc.
    A strange thing is, when I go into subscriptions, I notice none of the boxes are checked for 500 threads that were subscribed to through the years. when I check a few of the boxes, I then leave that section and come back, the boxes uncheck themselves, that seems to be the problem, I would think....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Blick View Post
    I am gmail user, tried everything in this thread, no luck...
    all settings are right....
    they have always been right, I used to get notifications, but they stopped for no reason...
    I noticed this problem happening many times over the past 10 years, it works, it stops working, etc.
    A strange thing is, when I go into subscriptions, I notice none of the boxes are checked for 500 threads that were subscribed to through the years. when I check a few of the boxes, I then leave that section and come back, the boxes uncheck themselves, that seems to be the problem, I would think....
    I looked at your profile and your email settings all appear to be correct. I cannot see which threads you are subscribed to, but you should be getting emails from what I see.
    settings.jpg

I would suggest checking your gmail settings in advanced mode as gmail may have blacklisted a site without your knowledge due to all the emails being sent from SMC.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 10-03-2022 at 8:04 AM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Hi Lee, thx for response, and thx to your tireless work towards this site, I cant imagine what it takes!
    As u looked at my settings, all was set right... it has always been set right cause over the past 10 yrs, as chk in occassionaly with moderators. I DO get email notifications as I should. When it does work, it works successfully for a month for two. I never re set anything, and then notifcation emails just vanish.

It is NOT my gmail settings, as I have whitelisted noreply@sawmillcreek.org by moving the responses to the Primary inbox, so they always end up there and are never treated as spam. In addition, the first thing I do when I realize notifications has failed again is to run a search for that email address to see if any of the email notifications ended up in spam, trash, etc, That has never been the case.

More importantly, since I made this post that you responded to, with no changed settings at all (unless u changed something, but u would have advised me of such) this morning your response showed up in my Gmail Inbox? I have not touched SMC settings in a week. I have over 500 threads which I am subscribed to, all checked. Often I go visit those threads and their is constant activity, which I do not get email notifications of. As I mentioned, this problem has been consistent for over 10 yrs, I go through the same checking procedures every time the problem presents itself. Usually I just surrender...
    So, why would this ONE single thread we are in, suddenly appear in my Inbox, but NONE of the other threads? That may provide a clue to the problem? thx again...

one last thing...
    I mentioned previously, the one oddity, which could lead to a solution is...
    this problem is consistent... when I go under subscriptions, check the box, for one, or ALL the subscribed threads, those boxes have check marks in them...
    when I leave, go into another areas, then come right back to subscriptions, all boxes are unchecked. Is that normal? I would think not. It seems the website is NOT holding the check boxes once the subscription page is exited.... thoughts?

There may be a limit of 500 threads.
    I will ask Aaron to check on it.

Thx Keith...
    I appreciate the contribution, interesting...
    but this problem has been consistent over the past 10+ years since I joined, and I surely had way under 500 threads subscribed to, as I only had about 530 now... I never got around to deleting subscriptions, as they just die off, as no one responds to old threads at some point.
    But I was curious, so I individually deleted subscribe threads (no way to delete full pages of subscribed threads?), reduced it to under 500, and would then check a box for a few, leave that page, come back, and those check marks are gone. I have always suspected this is the root of the problem, I dont mean to belabor the point... maybe you can confirm this... should the boxes remain checked at all times, till u uncheck them?