Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another contributor not getting any SMC subscription emails

another contributor not getting any SMC subscription emails

I have stopped getting any emails from SMC from the threads I am subscribed to. This is a recent change. I had been getting daily emails from the classified section. I started a thread under "Workshops" and subscribed to the thread so I could keep up with replies but I have not gotten any emails.

I have noreply@sawmillcreek.org in my contacts list. I have checked the Safari settings for sawmillcreek.org and have all the boxes checked for allowing everything.

I have seen a few others (Jim Allen, Steve Wurster) asking the same question recently but they have not gotten any replies to their query.

Any suggestions?

Paul, go into Settings, (upper right) click on General, and check the “Instant email notification” box. It is currently set to “Do not subscribe”
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    Earlier today I subscribed to this thread and immediately received an email when Bruce posted, so the email notification works. I would suggest deleting SMC cookies and resubscribing to the various threads you follow.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 09-04-2022 at 6:19 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thanks Bruce. Did the settings get changed because of an update by SMC?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Saffold View Post
    Thanks Bruce. Did the settings get changed because of an update by SMC?
    Paul, I don't know. I'm not even sure that that will fix your notification problem. There have been a few issues lately but everything's been running normally on my end.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I have stopped getting any emails from SMC from the threads I am subscribed to. This is a recent change. I had been getting daily emails from the classified section. I started a thread under "Workshops" and subscribed to the thread so I could keep up with replies but I have not gotten any emails.

I have noreply@sawmillcreek.org in my contacts list. I have checked the Safari settings for sawmillcreek.org and have all the boxes checked for allowing everything.

I have seen a few others (Jim Allen, Steve Wurster) asking the same question recently but they have not gotten any replies to their query.

Any suggestions?
    I'm still not getting emails from any threads I'm subscribed to. My settings (still) say "Instant email notification". Cookies are (or should be) irrelevant since it's the site that sends the email, not my browser. It's quite annoying, but at least I check SMC often enough that I can see if those threads have updates.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Unfortunately setting the notifications to instant email has not made any difference.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Wurster View Post
    I'm still not getting emails from any threads I'm subscribed to. My settings (still) say "Instant email notification". Cookies are (or should be) irrelevant since it's the site that sends the email, not my browser. It's quite annoying, but at least I check SMC often enough that I can see if those threads have updates.
    Unfortunately setting the notifications to instant email has not made any difference.
    I looked at your profiles settings and both of you show subscriptions.jpg. I would check your email client and email server to make sure the SMC address is listed as acceptable noreply@sawmillcreek.org

I know that Thunderbird recently did an update and it changed one of my email settings so I wasn't getting all my emails.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 09-05-2022 at 2:21 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I would check your email client and email server to make sure the SMC address is listed as acceptable noreply@sawmillcreek.org

I know that Thunderbird recently did an update and it changed one of my email settings so I wasn't getting all my emails.
    My email provider is Google. I have no blocked addresses, and none of my filters apply to emails from the Creek. No emails are getting flagged as spam, and nothing from the Creek is ending up in the trash. I doubt I'm the only Creek member with a Gmail address, so either all of us who are using Gmail are not getting our subscription emails or something is broken on the other side or in between.

One would think the admins here would be able to tell if an email that is intended for me is even going out from those threads.

Blog Entries
    If you use the "Quick Links" tab at the top of the page and select subscribed threads does it show the threads you are interested in?
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

If you use the "Quick Links" tab at the top of the page and select subscribed threads does it show the threads you are interested in?
    Yes it does. The top two on the list are this thread and the one from Jim Becker where he got his new sliding table saw delivered (I commented in that thread, so a subscription was automatically made at that point). Both threads had updates ~2.5 hours ago and I did not receive any emails.

Blog Entries
    I subscribed to this thread and immediately began getting emails when a new post was made. I also unsubscribed and got one or two more emails before they stopped. However, I attempted to send an email to myself through SMC and it has not arrived after nearly 20 hours. The problem has been reported to Aaron, so hopefully he can find something.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

I subscribed to this thread and immediately began getting emails when a new post was made. I also unsubscribed and got one or two more emails before they stopped. However, I attempted to send an email to myself through SMC and it has not arrived after nearly 20 hours. The problem has been reported to Aaron, so hopefully he can find something.
    Thanks. Hopefully this at least leads somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Wurster View Post
    Thanks. Hopefully this at least leads somewhere.

Emails should be flowing again, particularly to gmail users.
    _Aaron_
    SawmillCreek Administrator

Thanks Aaron, I just got an update on this thread.

Will I be getting daily updates on the classified section? Are immediate email updates available on the classifieds?