Thread: Twin grand babies on the way

Blog Entries

Twin grand babies on the way

The bride and I share a property with our daughter, SIL and two grandsons. Our daughter is very pregnant with twins. We joke that her ovaries are having a going out of business sale. Two for one.

she’s far enough along that they have chosen names. Oliver (Ollie for short) for the boy. Galina (Lina) for the girl. They don’t realize that there is a large body of Ole and Lena jokes.

There are Ole and Lena (or Sven and Ole) jokes in Virginia? I thought that was a Wisconsin/Minnesota thing.

Congratulations on the upcoming additions to the family!

Grandkids are cool.
    They stink or make noise - they go back to mom or pop....
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

We have 3 kids, 8 grandkids and 11 great-grandkids. There is an 18 year gap between our oldest 5 grandkids and the 3 youngest grandkids. 8 of the 11 great-grandkids are older than the youngest grandson.

Of the grandkids, we have twin 12 year old granddaughters. They have a 10 year old brother. Those 3 have spent the last 5 summers with us here in Idaho. The twins have distinct and different personalities. One is a tomboy and the other is a "princess".

Grandkids are more fun than kids ever were. You have all the fun and none of the responsibility! Spoil 'em and send them home.

Enjoy them as they grow up way too soon!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Ragatz View Post
    There are Ole and Lena (or Sven and Ole) jokes in Virginia? I thought that was a Wisconsin/Minnesota thing.

Congratulations on the upcoming additions to the family!
    Yeah, they are upper Midwest. I heard them on Prairie Home Companion.