Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have givenup on the other woodXXX forum.

I have givenup on the other woodXXX forum.

I am a member of Sawmill Creek and the other Woodxxx forum. Other forums also. I no longerparticipate in the "Off Topic" forum of the other Woodxxx forum. They are now completely dominated by QANON and vitriolic MAGA comments. This is a shame. I like participating in off topic discussions and also woodworking topics, but I cannot bring myself to continue with that website. I have tried to make rational, logical comments to that website's "Off topic" forum, but I have only been met with vitriol and insults. I have flagged horribly racist comments to the moderators to no avail.
    Goodbye to that other wood workers forum. The list keeps getting smaller.

Never looked at whatever that one is, but I can't blame you a bit.

Which is a good time to say again, how much we appreciate the moderation on this forum that keeps what is mostly already a well-mannered collection of wood butchers on the straight and narrow. Thanks, Keith, Jim and other moderators whose names I don't quite know. You run a class act.

Blog Entries
    I have to agree with you David. Some things are better when politics and religion are left out.

My time doesn't allow me to visit much more than one woodworking group. Occasionally I will visit others, but not often.

When it comes to some of the fringe groups, another member here says it well in his tag line:

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.
    ​Mark Twain
    Since that quote is one of my favorites the technicalities will be left for others to find on their own.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I appreciate a well moderated forum that keeps religion and politics out. Sawmill creek does a good job. However, there are other things that show up in other forums. You always have some that have something to say about everything and are THE EXPERT. You also have bullies and groups of bullies. This is probably just a reflection of society today.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Demuth View Post
    Which is a good time to say again, how much we appreciate the moderation on this forum that keeps what is mostly already a well-mannered collection of wood butchers on the straight and narrow. Thanks, Keith, Jim and other moderators whose names I don't quite know. You run a class act.
    +1........
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    +2

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I save my political and religious rants for the political religious forums. . It’s not surprising that sectarianism permeates what would seem to be the furthest thing from religious and political discussion boards, but that’s the age we live in. I also am very glad for what appears to be the island in the storm. Thanks again to the mod team for the manner in which they do their jobs.I don’t say much but I do enjoy this board.

………………….+3

................. +4
    Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...

I'm only here for the joke thread. :-)) I stay away from those xxx forums. Your computer can catch a virus there. :-(
    BillL

+3 ..........
    Regards,

Tom

Thank you to the moderators for keeping this forum clean of non-sense of all sorts. It's hard to learn anything when people are screaming and yelling all the time. Anger is deadly.

It's a shame, but the traffic at 'that other forum' is almost completely dominated by OT stuff - probably 5 to 1.

Used to be they had a separate link to view only the woodworking topics (over 'there'), quite a while back. Similar to how some here have specially bookmarked URLs to avoid topics they don't don't particularly have an interest in, whether it's hand tools or wood turning or CNC.