Thread: Curious if anyone else is suddenly BUSY?

Curious if anyone else is suddenly BUSY?

Out of the blue I suddenly have these HUGE orders just showing up during the past 10 days, like 1900 Corksickle canteens and cups, 1200 wine glasses, 350 4x6" solar installation info placards, and over 1000 Sureputts, all in addition to my normal work which keeps me busy 16+ hours a day... The Covid really messed up the normal workload, not so much less actual work, but more of the 'feast or famine' type workload. But Covid's been essentially done for a while now, but the all-at-once or nothing-for-a-week jobs thing just seems to be getting worse!

-just wondering!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    Not yet, been an off year actually. I had my best year last year. Not nearly as much this year, I'll be down by a third at least. But every day is different....
    Solar installation placards? Metal plates to put on the fence around the install?
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

not metal, just UV rated engraving stock. I believe they get mounted on or near the main power boxes for the most part.

This is a screenshot of my Corel setup for running 12 at once in the GCC...
    solar EXP.jpg
    I put full sheets of red/white in the big Triumph and run a score-line about 2/3 thru from the back, get 48 plates per sheet- then just snap them into 24 x 12" sections and run 'em. I use the EXP because, ironically, the way it exhausts isn't the best, but just because of that I get engraving with virtually no soot or 'pink' letters. Took 7-1/2 full sheets for this order...

After they're engraved, all of them get a turn in the corner-notcher and taped on back...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Mine has been steady. Just quoted on 2000 flashlights; got the job but they couldn't afford 2000 and cut it to 500. Just quoted on 100 leather Dopp kits. Waiting to hear on that. Still have some customers who haven't resurfaced after covid but I am as busy as I want to be.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I wish I had your problems, LOL I have gotten busier but nowhere near as busy as you.
    2017 Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Corel X8
    Photograv 3.0

New Hermes Pantograph
    2-Corner cutters/notchers
    1- Combo Shear.
    Vision VE810HD Rotary
    Numerous support tools.

Been nutty busy lately, just getting away from the shop. Just had a large customer order lots of full wraps and other stuff and clients that when I was starting I could only dream of have been moving over within the past couple weeks. Something is in the water but I hope it keeps up!