Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Domino Vacuum Hose

Domino Vacuum Hose

Hi all,

Well, I finally purchased my DF 500 that came today. My small shop vac hose does not fit the port as well as I would like. I have no plans on spending $$$$$ for a Festool vac. What other hose can I use to fit either a Rigid or Shop Vac and also be compatable for my Domino.

Thanks,

Mike

Look at Rockler

You can buy just a Festool hose. For $135 (high for a hose, I know) you can get a festool antistatic hose that will plug right into the standard shop vacs. https://a.co/d/f4exn1i

C0A00DBC-5B18-4A8A-93EF-9EA02B825147.jpg

I think there is a Bosch hose on Amazon that fits.

Rockler has their Dust Right Flexiport shopvac hose and adapter kit that fist onto most tools, such as your Domino. At $60, it's cheaper than a Festool hose (but the Festool hoses are definitely nice!)

https://www.rockler.com/dust-right-f...2-fixed-length

The rubber end of a Porter-Cable portable tool vacuum hose fits the D500. A common adapter connects the other end to a 2 1/2” shop vac.

I bought this set for my Kreg track saw. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1. It probably has a connector to fit. Like Aron said Rockler has a similar kit.

I use a Bosch hose.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I use the Rockler Flexiport hose. Being able to switch out the adapters let's me connect to my Festool sanders and Domino, track saw, Dewalt routers and my Ridgid belt/spindle sander. The Festool hose is hanging in the corner because I can only use it with festool items (except the ts 75). The Rockler hose works with everything.

Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

I also use this Centec set. The ends fit both sizes of Festool (domino and track saw) and other brands as well. The hose is robust - I have one I’ve been using for about 4 years and it doesn’t look worn. I’ve trodden on it a few times and it is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    I use a Bosch hose.

Mike
    Thanks all. I went with the Bosch hose. It will be here Saturday.

I think there is a Bosch hose on Amazon that fits.
    There are several. The one most guys talk about a good hose at a bargain price. However, it is better suited for shop cleanup, and bigger tools like a tracksaw, planer, and a router. It's too big and cumbersome for a sander or domino. They also make a narrower anti-static hose that is sized for sanders, domino and other small tools - but it's a lot more expensive. So much so that ya might as well buy the festool version. They'll work , but better options exist.

The rubber end of a Porter-Cable portable tool vacuum hose fits the D500.
    That's been discontinued and was hard to find when it wasn't. Not a great value purchased as a spare part either.

Look at Rockler
    look.............but don't buy.
    Their connector system is first rate. Their vac hoses are just shy of garbage.

This is the sweet spot right now:
    https://www.amazon.com/Cen-Tec-Syste...-17-spons&th=1

Cheaper than rockler with much a much better hose.

Blog Entries
    I use the Rockler ends but their prices have gone pretty high on stuff. Watch for a sale. I have the "Expandable" hose which is all they offered at the time. I find it heavy and it will fight you a bit. Fixed length hoses of smaller diameter can be stiff and will fight you a bit. If possible get the one you are looking at in your hands to see how it feels to you.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Regarding your comment about Rockler, is this just your opinion or do you have legitimate facts to back that statement?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Congiusti View Post
    Thanks all. I went with the Bosch hose. It will be here Saturday.
    Good choice Mike. The smaller Festool hose is really nice, maybe not $135 nice though.