Thread: A bandsaw piggyback ride

A bandsaw piggyback ride

I moved all my shop tools (except the table saw which was already up there) the 120 miles to the new shop building in the Adirondacks on Monday. I spent most of last weekend getting the old shop cleared out and loading everything in the bus. My 'big' bandsaw is an 18" Parks that usually sits on a 10" riser but even without that it was about 3" too tall to stand up in the bus. Luckily there is a vent/emergency exit in the roof that was just big enough to fit the top of the saw and there was no rain in the forecast so I just opened the vent and scooted the saw into there. I took the table off that saw to move it, and that left enough room on the back for my little Rikon 10-305 to ride on the back of the Parks. Everything went smoothly on the trip up, and unloading was a lot quicker than loading. I just put everything into the new building quickly so I could keep working on the house. Once we move up in about another week I will need to insulate the shop and put in the outlets and lights, and then I can organize things and actually get back to doing shop work again.

Very clever

Blog Entries
    Sometimes things just work out well. Thanks for the smile.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

That bus has been very handy. Are you sure the Parks didn't reproduce?

The bus has indeed been a lifesaver. I've made 10 round trips with it now, and have 1-1/2 more planned for the coming week. I'm thankful for all the bus advice from folks on here last winter.

Where abouts in the Adirondacks are you moving to?

John

I'm in Piercefield, just west of Tupper Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Hoyt View Post
    I'm in Piercefield, just west of Tupper Lake.
    I had to look up Piercefield. Looks like a nice area. I've spent some time up around and on Tupper Lake, once did a long canoe paddle down a bunch of those lakes and rivers. That's when I developed a deep-seated hatred for black flies. Beautiful area though.

John

Piercefield is a town of 300 year round residents, so we're pretty obscure, but it was a hopping place 100 years ago, before the paper mill closed. I'm looking forward to exploring the area by canoe and bicycle and hiking, as soon as I get caught up on the house so we can move in later this week. There's still a lot of work to do, but more of it can wait so I can do other things for a day or two here and there.