Thread: Wax Over General Finishes Arm-r-Seal? Does Rubio have a better "feel"

Wax Over General Finishes Arm-r-Seal? Does Rubio have a better "feel"

Hello All,

I finished the lower section of our stair handrail with General Finishes Arm-r-Seal and I am just not that happy with the "feel" of it. I am completely happy with the product and it looks great, but I wanted a softer feel to it. I am thinking of an application of regular paste wax or Briwax when it completely cures? General Finishes also has an orange oil wax and I would appreciate any feedback on its use too.

I still have to do the upper section to finish and am considering using Rubio Monocoat 2C instead for the hard wax feel I am looking for.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Jay

If you want that silky feel rub it out with 0000 steel wool and paste wax. It will have a nice satin sheen (higher than Rubio Monocoat) and feel amazing.

John

Personally, I wouldn't want anything approaching "slippery" on a handrail...
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't want anything approaching "slippery" on a handrail...
    It won't feel slippery, more like silky. Your hand will glide over a rubbed out handrail, but won't slip if you grab it. If you prefer no wax use a synthetic pad or brass wool and soapy water to rub it out.

John

Thanks for the suggestion John. I'll give it a try.