Thread: Jet Parts

Jet Parts

Has anyone got parts from jet in the last month? I have been trying to get a spindle for a shaper and have got nothing but run around when you spend hours on hold to talk to a human. Does customer service matter any thing any more. I am very sure this is last thing I will ever buy from JPW Industries. I really hope the CEO sees this.

CEO? That's hilarious. Why not contact https://www.ereplacementparts.com/se...?q=jet+shapers or the dealer where you bought the shaper? There is a whole ladder of people, including regional reps, to go to before you get to the CEO. What do you mean by run around. You gave them a model #, serial #, and part number, and they couldn't send it to you?

CEO could happen on SMC—Grizzly’s CEO reads and posts here some. Just sayin’.
    earl

I typically get parts from a local dealer i find that to be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    Why wouldn't he read and post here. There are more Grizzly disciples here than any place on earth. Sometimes I get the feeling he has a stake in Sawmillcreek.
    Shiraz does read and post here, though not often. Doesn’t have much to do with the OP’s issue though.

JPW’s CEO will most likely not see this. Phone support isn’t what it used to be at most places. Have you filled out the “contact Us” form? Briefly tell them the issue and ask for them to call you. Most places do actually reply in 1-2 business days.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    JPW’s CEO will most likely not see this. Phone support isn’t what it used to be at most places. Have you filled out the “contact Us” form? Briefly tell them the issue and ask for them to call you. Most places do actually reply in 1-2 business days.
    I’m interested in whether anyone has had success using the “contact us” form with JPW? Purchased JET 17 inch DP couple mos ago- pleased with the DP mechanically but after 2 weeks the task light and the laser light failed - not a huge deal but annoying. Impossible to get thru on the phone- multiple times, on hold, cut off, yadda yadda….. Used the internet approach about 6 weeks ago and received a reply within 2 days containing a “case number” with notice that cases are handled in order of receipt……Heard nada and after 4-5 weeks I sent a followup inquiry (referencing the case # as instructed) and got…. another copy of the first response with a new case number!! Would almost be humorous if not so aggravating. Certainly makes me cautious about another JET purchase….
    Constructive suggestions appreciated, and thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Clode View Post
    I’m interested in whether anyone has had success using the “contact us” form with JPW? Purchased JET 17 inch DP couple mos ago- pleased with the DP mechanically but after 2 weeks the task light and the laser light failed - not a huge deal but annoying. Impossible to get thru on the phone- multiple times, on hold, cut off, yadda yadda….. Used the internet approach about 6 weeks ago and received a reply within 2 days containing a “case number” with notice that cases are handled in order of receipt……Heard nada and after 4-5 weeks I sent a followup inquiry (referencing the case # as instructed) and got…. another copy of the first response with a new case number!! Would almost be humorous if not so aggravating. Certainly makes me cautious about another JET purchase….
    Constructive suggestions appreciated, and thanks in advance
    Why didn't you contact the dealer you bought it from? That's why they have dealers and are not an internet only sales company. This one bit of trouble and I'll never buy again threat is getting old.
    Last edited by Richard Coers; 09-11-2022 at 6:24 PM.

I've had a part for a mini-lathe on order since June 3rd. NO luck so far maybe sometime

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    Why didn't you contact the dealer you bought it from? That's why they have dealers and are not an internet only sales company. This one bit of trouble and I'll never buy again threat is getting old.
    So, Dick, I did that and they suggested I contact JPW which I attempted to do without success. I’m still looking for constructive advice. As I’ve looked on the web, my issue with JPW doesn’t seem to be unique, and I’m getting tired of the idea that it’s acceptable for customer service to be awful….I recently had issues with SimplySafe and Acurite products which were solved expeditiously - so it can be done. I’m not saying “I would never buy again” - I’m just recommending folks think about the value of customer service. There is currently an active thread about which drill press would be recommended and several contributors had positive comments about the JET and several about the Voyager - just food for thought…..currently I wish I could redo my choice.
    Respectfully,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Clode View Post
    So, Dick, I did that and they suggested I contact JPW which I attempted to do without success. I’m still looking for constructive advice. As I’ve looked on the web, my issue with JPW doesn’t seem to be unique, and I’m getting tired of the idea that it’s acceptable for customer service to be awful….I recently had issues with SimplySafe and Acurite products which were solved expeditiously - so it can be done. I’m not saying “I would never buy again” - I’m just recommending folks think about the value of customer service. There is currently an active thread about which drill press would be recommended and several contributors had positive comments about the JET and several about the Voyager - just food for thought…..currently I wish I could redo my choice.
    Respectfully,
    Jeff
    So Jeffery, You'll have a short list of suppliers if customer service is your number 1 concern. Have you tried these places? I got an obscure Festool part from mm tool parts and cheaper than Festool. https://www.ereplacementparts.com, https://www.mmtoolparts.com/jet-parts, https://www.toolpartspro.com/jet-parts/jet-parts.html, https://www.grainger.com/category/to...ters=brandName