Thread: Another Starlink install

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another Starlink install

A friend received his kit last week and I offered to help install it. He was worried about the snow depth on the roof so I welded up this 4’ mast out of sch 40 2” pipe and some 1/4” plate. SL offer a pipe adapter as shown. It can accommodate up to 2” but smaller also. Once we confirmed alignment of the adapter we drilled and tapped the mast so the set screws are into the mast and it cannot wave around. Very solid mount this way and his reception went from 3-145 mbps so he is happy.
    Mine has been working out well too, but I had difficulty with getting my Sonos onto he new network. As previously noted, I am exceedingly dim in these matters so to simplify the connection to my “wi-fi” speakers I bought the SL Ethernet adapter which proved not to be necessary with the better techs on line help. About the only accessory I have not purchased is the Mesh router which I may still get as I try to get service out to the shop. I love my Core 10 siding on the shop but it is a very effective barrier to signals.
    Attached Images Attached Images