Thread: Quick Dove Tail Saw Rack

Blog Entries

Quick Dove Tail Saw Rack

I have never been happy with my DT saw storage. I have other saws other places but like to keep these three handy. I finally took a little time yesterday to take care of this.

DT Saw Rack (4).jpg

The lower section is just two sides with a 3/4" dowel glued in. The top is a block with a 1/4" hole drilled end to end.

DT Saw Rack (1).jpg

I then cut slots for the saw blades and CA glued 1/4" x 1/2" rod magnets into the hole at the appropriate locations. I use 1/8" diameter L hooks to add pegboard holders to the back of each section.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

That's a good idea, especially the magnets. I'm going to have to do something like that. Very inventive.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I really like that idea, Glenn. I'm starting to at least think a little (very little) about how I want to handle my hand-tools (pardon the expression) in the new shop. Historically, I've kept most things in drawers or on shelves in a closed cabinets, other than my dovetail and crosscut saw which have rudimentary wall mounts.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I like the scrapers holder also. Thanks.

It seems the possibility of tremors inhabits your designs. So many wall storage solutions miss this point. Well done!