Thread: Target Tinted lacquer

Target Tinted lacquer

Good morning.

I just ordered Target coatings 6500 tinted lacquer matched to a SW white and the recommended tip size for my Fuji q5.
    I am looking for any tips on spraying a tinted lacquer as I have never sprayed it before. It will be for my cabinet doors and drawer fronts.
    Ive sprayed a fair amount of CV through it and feel I have the hang of it. Thanks for any input.
    "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door!"

You apply it the same way as the other Target products.

Test it first so you can get a hang of how thick a coat you need. The layers to me appear to blend into each other, so it's quite easy to airbrush any missed spots.

I agree with Prashun...same process as the clears with maybe a little more viscosity as can be expected with any product that has a bunch of pigments in it. You just need to zero in your gun. I use the same N/N setup in my gun for both the clears and the tinted product, just varying the gun settings to zero in on what works. It's a best practice to do some test spraying to get it right for the current project and so you can document your settings for next time.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I find going up to a 1.5mm tip worked better for me with the 6500.
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

Thanks I will let you all know how it goes!
    "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door!"