Thread: Grizzly G0733

Grizzly G0733

Hi All,
    Anyone purchase the Grizzly G0733 in the last few years and if so what are your thoughts about it. Pros and Cons. I’m looking at this lathe, Nova Orion and Laguna 1836

Jeff

I've not purchased one. The thing that would make it out of the question is the rotating head. I like sliding heads, but rotating heads just rely too much on the locking system. I want it strongly aligned with the tail stock all the time.

Richard Coers,

The G0733 was the predecessor to the G0776 (which I own). The headstock is a slider and does not rotate.

There is a subforum under "Community" called GGMG which is dedicated to Grizzly lathe owners. If you ask your question on that subforum you may get responses from owners of the G0733.

Thank you Brice

Quote Originally Posted by Brice Rogers View Post
    Richard Coers,

The G0733 was the predecessor to the G0776 (which I own). The headstock is a slider and does not rotate.

There is a subforum under "Community" called GGMG which is dedicated to Grizzly lathe owners. If you ask your question on that subforum you may get responses from owners of the G0733.
    I'm not shopping Brice, I've had a Oneway 2436 since November 1998.

Not sure what is happening with the GGMG but I have tried to post a message 3 times and get a different error each time so I would Ike to continue here with my request.
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Walters View Post
    Not sure what is happening with the GGMG but I have tried to post a message 3 times and get a different error each time so I would Ike to continue here with my request.
    Jeff
    Jeff, I see in the GGMG group that you were finally able to post your questions. So I've replied there with some data points for you.

David

I did see that David. Not sure what was happening but I could not post for a couple of days.
    Jeff