Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you use 2" long 23 ga pins for?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    A cordless pinner is an interesting thing, but given how I use my pin nailer, often in tight spaces, the "heftier" size of a cordless unit might make it less usable. It really comes down to what you intend to use the tool for. Cordless nailers of any kind have become an essential for construction work; I'm not as convinced they are better for in-shop use due to size and weight vs the nature of many projects.
    There's the 12 V Milwaukee out there that looks as svelte as my 23 ga Harbor Freight pin nailer (the backup to my PC)

Cordless nailers make a lot of sense for my shop. I don't use nailers all that much and every time I do, I have to hunt around for the air hose, the oil for the nailer and flip on the compressor and wait for it to fill.

The biggest problem I have is - I'm Makita with all my cordless. I don't want to climb on the battery merry-go-round. The 23 ga Makita cordless is sort of hefty & it takes odd lengths of pins.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Good point...Milwaukee M12 is a small but powerful platform. I'm actually looking at a wire stapler in that series to use in my new shop building because of my hand issues and how it can make things easier for me. I don't own any other M12 tools, but in this case the utility provides a big advantage, despite the cost. All my existing battery tools are Festool or Bauer, so I understand your situation with currently having Makita.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

3. I've yet to ever find a use for anything over 1" pins so far. I am typically only using the pins for situations where I am waiting for glue to dry on some small trim pieces or for attachment of pieces of scribe or small molding on pre-finished cabinets.

I do have to say, I keep eyeing that Milwaukee 23g pin nailer. If I used my Grex gun more often than I do I probably would've already dropped the coin on the M12 pin nailer.

I wish my PC could use pins longer than 1", say up 1 1/4", but see no need for 2" though.
    Last edited by George Bokros; 08-18-2022 at 7:57 AM.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Blog Entries
    I’ve used them to put a pin hole in my finger. It’s crazy how they’ll twist around. It made a u-turn in the wood. Luckily it wasn’t too deep.

It seems like nobody mentioned the bostitch guns, I'm surprised. I like mine, super reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Arnsdorff View Post
    I’ve used them to put a pin hole in my finger. It’s crazy how they’ll twist around. It made a u-turn in the wood. Luckily it wasn’t too deep.
    Hurts like a bugger, too!! (DAMHIKT!!)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Arnsdorff View Post
    Did that back in the 80's with a Senco finish gun, pulled my hand away at the same time, never bleed. Got ring finger at inside of joint. Got to go see Doctor every day for ten days, rest of the time was on couch with hand up in the air. Had blood poisoning, he wanted me in the hospital, I didn't have medical insurance at the time.
    Ron

I used one once to attach a small piece of trim to my finger when the nail hit a drywall screw in the wall……..Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    I used one once to attach a small piece of trim to my finger when the nail hit a drywall screw in the wall……..Rod
    I nailed my finger to a window sill once with a 15 ga finish gun. Had to ask the lady of the house to get the endcutters out of my toolbox. "Not to worry, ma'am. happens all the time."

I nailed my finger to a window sill once with a 15 ga finish gun. Had to ask the lady of the house to get the endcutters out of my toolbox. "Not to worry, ma'am. happens all the time."
    OMG - don't you hate when things like that happen?
    I remember once when I was hanging wallpaper for a customer.
    I was using a single edge razor blade cutter - and - not paying 100% attention to where my hand was.

I ran the razor blade right across the fingers on my left hand & the blood that came out was like a "B" horror movie. I had to have the lady of the house keep me in rags and band aids to help stem the flow of blood so I could finish the job.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon