Thread: Rolling Tool Box

Rolling Tool Box

Trying to get a little more organized around the shop. All drawers have ball bearing slides. Got lazy on the pulls but was ready to be finished.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice. What kinds of wood is it made of?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Thanks Frederick
    The drawer faces are Edinam, the rest is solid red oak except the drawer bottoms are Burch ply. 3 coats of Water base clear gloss polyurethane.
    Jay

This is great. I really need to make something similar for my shop. Mostly for bicycle maintenance tools and components. Over the last couple of years my wife and I have got into road cycling and the tools/components are starting to take over my woodshop. I considered buying one of the rolling metal tool boxes for the purpose but a larger version of what you have here would be perfect!. Great work and thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks Tony. I considered a metal box but is hard to find one that has shallow drawers unless you want to spend a lot of money. I did this one with a deeper bottom drawer for my Lathe Chucks the other 7 are 3" deep. That seemed to be just right for the other items I wanted to store without having stuff piled on top of each other. Started to fill it up yesterday, turning out to be well worth the effort.

Thanks for posting. Looks good. This was exactly the sort of thread I looked at when I was trying to solve my storage problems in my shop.