Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: What 8" jointer would you get and why?

I do the same way. You just drop on with judgement where you want to start and balance as you go by where you place the board

The concave just do the trailing end of the board till knocked down then spin it around works fine. Either way will make an equally straight edge.

i use support when needed, mcgiver brand, then used the money saved to buy another machine.
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 08-28-2022 at 11:48 AM.

I’ll throw out there that I have several machines coming up for sale. Two, of which, are jointers. Well, ones a combo. I have an 8” Grizzly G0500 and a Grizzly G0634 12” combo, with the helical head. I bought all new equipment for the new shop so I have a handful of equipment that needs a new home. Just cleaning up the hardware a bit since it sat in storage for 3 years. The G0500 is about ready to be listed.

I’m in the Austin, Tx area.

Just ordered a Powermatic 60HH (off Amazon, of all places, fulfilled by Acme but I get 5% cash back and free shipping via Amazon prime card).

Excited for it to come!

Now I have to figure out how to get a mobile base for it that doesn't suck...
    Last edited by Alden Peterson; 10-22-2022 at 1:21 PM.

I have owned a Jet 8" HH jointer for about 7 years and it was possibly the best purchase I ever made. It was less expensive than the Powermatic version. The only real difference between Powermatic and Jet at the time seemed to be that the helical heads on the Powermatic had more cutters and maybe a little better fit and finish. However, the Jet does a great job and, over the 5-year warranty period I got great support from JPW. I never regretted not buying the Powermatic.