Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaboon Ebony Scales / Flats

Gaboon Ebony Scales / Flats

Updated price & photos:

If anyone is interested in some Gaboon Ebony. Each piece is approximately 7” X 1-3/8” X 1/2”. These pieces are not book matched and straight off the bandsaw. These are kiln dried, stable and have been in a climate controlled space for the last 8 years. You can use these for knife scales, drawer & cabinet pulls, guitar bridges, Nakashima Butterflies, Greene & Greene, Krenov door catches, jewelry etc. A pack of eight is $45.00, a pack of 20 for $90.00, includes shipping to address in the contiguous USA. Paypal accepted.
    A typical box of 8 weighs in at about 2lb's 8 oz.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NE.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	219.9 KB 
ID:	484336

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NE2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	220.3 KB 
ID:	484337
    DJO Furniture Maker / Timberwerks Studio

Reduced to $40.00 for a pack of 8 until Friday the 19th.

Ebony flats

Got my box of ebony today....fantastic. Nicely resawn, very very black, no streaks of gray. I have a small stash already but not in this size, which allows for a lot of options. I'm contemplating another box for future use at this price. If you've never used ebony you are missing a great experience to polish wood to 1500, 2000 or 3000 grit and never put a finish on it. Glassy, just a wonderful natural material.

Thanks,
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Houghton View Post
    Got my box of ebony today....fantastic. Nicely resawn, very very black, no streaks of gray. I have a small stash already but not in this size, which allows for a lot of options. I'm contemplating another box for future use at this price. If you've never used ebony you are missing a great experience to polish wood to 1500, 2000 or 3000 grit and never put a finish on it. Glassy, just a wonderful natural material.

Thanks,
    Jay
    Thanks Jay! If anyone is interested I'm extending the $40.00 for a pack of eight until the end of August. There aren't many left so contact me soon if your interested.

I have two more packs of 8 if anyone else is interested. Shipping will be Friday Sept 2 via USPS Priority.

I still have the 2 packs left. Discount still applies until noon tomorrow when I head to the post office to ship out the others.

Many more pieces left for those that may be interested. I have about 100 or that I put aside for my own use for pen blanks, inlays etc but very doubtful that I will end up using them so best to let them go. These are all deep black in color and many are thicker side of 1/2",close to 5/8".

Still a good amount of pieces left if anyone wants in on Saturday's ship date.

Beautiful Material! Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Gaudio View Post
    Beautiful Material! Thanks again.
    Thanks Phil!

There are more packs available.

This week's orders will ship out Saturday morning via USPS Priority. If your interested there is still time to get on the shipping list.

Just a bit of an update if anyone is interested. When I went to the post office Saturday I was told the cost of priority shipping will be going up soon, not sure when exactly, clerk wouldn't tell me. That being the case I will need to raise cost to cover increase when it does happen.

On a more positive note, some of these pieces are actually close to 1/2" thick and 1.5" wide. If you do order a set I will provide some of those as well.

As of today the 8 piece pack sent via priority is back to $50.00. USPS raised their shipping rates.

Weekend bump. Also, taking offers on boxes of 20. I have three boxes available.