Thread: Trouble logging in

Trouble logging in

Started yesterday. Usually I do not have to enter my user ID and password. I am able to go straight to the forums. Yesterday the forum did not recognize me and I had to log in. The first attempt at logging in brought up an error message. Logged in a second time using same ID and password and it said thank you for logging in. Now every time I go to Sawmillcreek.org I have to log in twice. The first time I get an error message the second time it goes through with no problem.

Am I the only one seeing this?

Thanks, Bob

Bob, I haven't had the problem.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I have had the same issue since yesterday. I thought it was just me.

When I clear cookies, etcetera and need to log in, I always need to log in twice. The logging in twice has been happening since the upgrade.

Tim

Clear the existing sawmillcreek.org cookie(s), close the browser completely (and consider rebooting the machine and then start the browser followed by logging in with the box checked to remember you. Be sure you are using HTTPS to access the site, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Same problems here.
    Funny thing is if I don't login and go to a forum link it shows my name at the head of the page just as if I had logged in.
    I tried yesterday to log in with no success. Requested user/name password and have never gotten the email reply.
    You only need 2 tools in life. If it's supposed to move and doesn't... use WD40. If it moves and shouldn't... use duct tape.

Blog Entries
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Clear the existing sawmillcreek.org cookie(s), close the browser completely (and consider rebooting the machine and then start the browser followed by logging in with the box checked to remember you. Be sure you are using HTTPS to access the site, too.
    No joy. I have cleared all cookies, Chrome cookies specific to SMC, rebooted and hard booted. Still have to log in twice with the first attempt showing the error screen. I will get a screen shot of the error screen and post it.

It is fixed. I deleted the shortcut I was using to go to SMC and created a new shortcut. Just tried it three times and it worked as expected each time. The error message I was getting prior was the Invalid Redirect listed in the Sticky's above.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That solved it for me too Robert. Thank you !!
    You only need 2 tools in life. If it's supposed to move and doesn't... use WD40. If it moves and shouldn't... use duct tape.

I ended up doing the same thing and fixed it.

Blog Entries
    Here is the address I use to get to SMC: https://sawmillcreek.org/forum.php
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute