Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 30w Fiber Laser Not Firing Help Please!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Marchesani View Post
    Still nothing. I did notice that when the Laser is running or should be firing that if I turn off the power button ezcad2 gives an error message but if I turn off the red button that fires the Laser ezcad2 keeps running. I have to click the stop button.
    I still think that it may be the base power supply, not the source. At least from my experience, when my source died, JPT 50w, it would NOT highlight and it would give me an overtemp error.
    YMMV, depending on what might have died inside the source. If you have no warranty, I still would drop an extra $100 on a replacement power supply, look at cloudray on amazon or ebay and try to match what you have. Way better if $100 than several thousand....
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    I still think that it may be the base power supply, not the source. At least from my experience, when my source died, JPT 50w, it would NOT highlight and it would give me an overtemp error.
    YMMV, depending on what might have died inside the source. If you have no warranty, I still would drop an extra $100 on a replacement power supply, look at cloudray on amazon or ebay and try to match what you have. Way better if $100 than several thousand....
    If it is the power supply would the fans sound normal on the max laser component? They do sound like they always did when I push the red button that turns on the Laser. I honestly don't know which of the other 4 components is the power supply.
    While looking at the 4 componets i noticed the one top left, the solid black one has a red and green light and neither is on.

https://goldrushgang.com/20220815_132623.jpg

https://goldrushgang.com/20220815_133038.jpg

The second picture is of the stepper driver. If you have a good digital voltmeter you can check the PS's yourself.

Have you contacted the Seller?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

In the first pic, black box is the rotary stepper driver as Bill mentioned, below that looks to be the input voltage selector, in the middle I THINK is the scanhead driver, and power supply on the right...

funny thing, I have never touched the push-button switches on ANY of my fibers, all I ever do is use the key switch! SO, I just found out; on the one I pressed the "laser switch", which left the machine on but killed all the cooling fans in addition to the laser- when I hit F2 while off, EzCad gave me a "laser reserved!" error message, which I've never seen before--

Was hoping maybe you just have a bad switch! But, since it also killed the fans, likely that's not it. BUT!! If it's a double-pole switch, killing off the laser and the fans separately, then it COULD be the switch, assuming the good side keeps from tripping an error message.... conjecture, but hey...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I went to... View... IO State
    Nothing is lit up until I fire the Laser then 0, 2 and 3 light up next to input
    Output doesn't light up even if I try to Mark the text.

https://goldrushgang.com/Capture-1.PNG

Yet another thing on these lasers I've never really looked at!

Checked my 50 watter, it's in the middle of a job- I hit the View IO and, 0 and 2 are red, nothing else is, and nothing changes during engraving-- so I checked the manual, and as usual with a Chinese operator manual it's about as useful as an inflatable dartboard, all it says is "gray means low level, green means high level"- and the "lights" are red, not green
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Blog Entries
    I don't know about fans..... I do know when my source died, the fans still worked..... But I think the issue is not usually that the pS totally fails, but doesn't supply enough power to fire the laser.
    The builder sent me a PS just to make sure that it wasn't it when they replaced the source. Cheaper for them and me.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Yet another thing on these lasers I've never really looked at!

Checked my 50 watter, it's in the middle of a job- I hit the View IO and, 0 and 2 are red, nothing else is, and nothing changes during engraving-- so I checked the manual, and as usual with a Chinese operator manual it's about as useful as an inflatable dartboard, all it says is "gray means low level, green means high level"- and the "lights" are red, not green
    I think red is bad. While I had the Laser running as if it was actually firing nd engraving something I turned off the white button and the whole top row turned red.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    I don't know about fans..... I do know when my source died, the fans still worked..... But I think the issue is not usually that the pS totally fails, but doesn't supply enough power to fire the laser.
    The builder sent me a PS just to make sure that it wasn't it when they replaced the source. Cheaper for them and me.
    Thanks for letting me know!

if red is bad then all my fibers are bad!

all 3 of my 30watters show 1, 3 and 4 as red when idle. My 50 shows only 1 and 3 red.

My ebay1 machine, I did it again- 1,3 and 4 red. I turned off the white switch, all 3 reds went gray. I turned on the white switch, 1,3,4 again. I drew a box, filled it and ran it, nothing changed while running, nothing change when I stopped in the middle of the run. I ran it again, and turned off the white switch during the run, then I got 1,3,4 and 7 thru 15 went red, then all gray... Turned it back on, got 1,3 and 4 again. Left it like that, started typing this post then went back to check, and found it cycling from all gray, to 1,3,4,7-15, to all red, then all off, then recycled a few times. A minute or so later I got a 'read dongle failed!' error, and the program quit...

My thoughts: red or green lights likely depends on which version of the program you have-? And it seems like the red lights I got seemed indicative of error codes, such as the 'staggered' lights indicate a mid-run shutdown not program or computer related, and since the all-on didn't happen right away, just like the 'dongle-fail' and program termination doesn't happen right away (on my machines anyway), seems all-on would indicate the dongle can't be read...

Would be real handy if the instructions actually explained it a bit! (or maybe it does 100 pages later somewhere?)
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

I'm looking thru setting files. In the PARAM FOLDER there is a file named MarkParam.lib. The first line says...

[Lasermode]
    YAG=1

Why yag? It's a fiber laser.

Good question, but maybe because YAG and Fiber lasers are identical 1064nm~ lasers? They just get there differently...
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter

Thanks all who tried to help!

I'm giving up. I'm starting to think that the company that makes the board and software changed something over the net being that I suddenly had to agree/disagree the first and only time that I lasered while connected to the internet.
    I did find a website that scans software and someone scanned an earlier version of ezcad2. It showed the software makers web address in the binary code. The website won't show all malicious code without registering.

https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/samp...4ff9#imports-2

Thanks Again I appreciate all of the help and suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Marchesani View Post
    Thanks all who tried to help!

I'm giving up. I'm starting to think that the company that makes the board and software changed something over the net being that I suddenly had to agree/disagree the first and only time that I lasered while connected to the internet.
    I did find a website that scans software and someone scanned an earlier version of ezcad2. It showed the software makers web address in the binary code. The website won't show all malicious code without registering.

https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/samp...4ff9#imports-2

Thanks Again I appreciate all of the help and suggestions!
    That software always comes up as a virus!! Get someone here with the same version board send you a copy.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    That software always comes up as a virus!! Get someone here with the same version board send you a copy.
    The thing thst makes me wonder if the software changed a setting that stops the laser from firing is that the agree/disagree dialog box never opened, the program always opened without me having to agree.

That agree/disagree dialog box only opened a few times and thats when the laser stopped firing. After the laser stopped firing the agree/disagree dialog box stopped opening and the program opened as it always did in the past.

I did try deleting ezcad2 and reinstalled it from the stick that came with the laser but that didn't work.