Thread: Delta Slow Speed Grinder Question...

Delta Slow Speed Grinder Question...

I lost the left hand arbor nut for this grinder, so I ordered a replacement from Amazon. I received the replacements and tried some of them on the arbor only to find that the nuts tighten up about halfway in. Is there a taper on the arbor threads? The nuts are https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L1L8FFO...t_details&th=1.

Derek--picture of the threads on the arbor may help. A rule along side the threads for reference makes the picture even more better. When you say it "tighten up about half way in", if it's halfway into the nut that would be an indicator of the threads not matching. If the nut goes halfway onto the shaft then stops, i don't know.
    Plenty of good machine folks on this forum--you'll be on the right path soon!!
    earl

All the other fasteners on that grinder are listed as metric, so I imagine that you have an M14-2 thread.
    Last edited by Greg Quenneville; 08-11-2022 at 1:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Quenneville View Post
    All the other fasteners on that grinder are listed as metric, so I imagine that you have an M14-2 thread.
    You are 100% right! I just realized that this morning. I used my Thread Finders to match the RH thread side with the M14-2 tester. I already put an order in with McMaster-Carr. Thanks so much.

Excellent, glad to help.