Thread: Some shop tips

Some shop tips

Here's some bits that I've found useful and not widely (or ever) seen.

IMG_3627.jpegIMG_3628.jpegIMG_3629.jpegIMG_3630.jpegIMG_3631.jpegIMG_3303.jpgIMG_3480.jpegIMG_3506.jpg

1. Glue brush cleaning- vitamin bottle with water & hole in top. Put brush in after use, swish around later and shake out. Water lasts a long time.
    2. Pencil holder- bicycle inner tube and a couple of zip ties.
    3. Bandsaw jig for cutting small parts- relatively safe & easy to use.
    4.Dedicated routers and sanders with long cords. Routers are 3/32", 1/8", 3/16" round over, 45˚ chamfer with small fixed fence. All plugged in & ready.
    5. Sharpening station in bathroom- shelf slides out, but not necessary. Sink is zero steps away.
    6. Ruler gauge- after the design of the most excellent JSK-koubou of Youtube fame. Super useful.
    6. Bench riser- for detail work.
    7. Saw with long cord and dedicated blade in it's own bucket for cutting down stock and plywood- always ready.

Cheers, Jay

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the tips Jay, I like #1 idea and will be trying that one.

I guess I'll try to keep this going with a tip that I've found useful in my shop....

Similar to your bench riser idea, I have found that a desktop "sit to stand" surface is a wonderful place to figure out measurements and view drawings etc. Sometimes I set a laptop there. Much less bending over for my sore lower back.

I found one like this for $20 at a yard sale: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Found a pic of my setup:
    sit stand desk.JPG
    Last edited by Bob Riefer; 11-05-2022 at 9:30 AM.
    - Bob R.
    Collegeville PA (30 minutes west of Philly)