Thread: Aligning Drawer Fronts

Aligning Drawer Fronts

Measuring carefully still left the fronts just a little misaligned. Here's my approach to getting the left and right sides to hit the stops evenly.

This drawer could be pushed in about .050" on the left side after the right side was home.

Aligning Drawers.jpg

3 shims 1/64" thick between the clamp (used as a stop) and the slide, made the move precise. They were removed and the slide was slid forward and retightened.

Adjusting Drawer.jpg

Similar for vertical adjustments.
    Last edited by Tom Bender; 08-07-2022 at 8:35 PM.

Empirical evidence might be better and more practical than "just" measuring.

A stack of pennies and if necessary, a few business cards for placement will probably give you fast, more repeatable results.

(Americans are very lucky to have pennies - we ditched them a loooong while ago)
    Howard Rosenberg

The Bourbon Moth YouTube guy uses playing cards, and keeping track of the number of cards for consistency.

I like beaded face frame with mid rails as lining up drawers is easier. You dont have to you are working to the face frame. There is already a round then a reveal. Lining fronts up can be a pain but if you look at white stuff in magazines you will notice a fair bit is not that accurate. Drawer gaps i have wood shims. Drawer hardware is not super precision which adds another dynamic. Are your drawers perfectly square?

These aluminum shimms are 1/64" thick. Convenient as I measure in inches and fractions.