Thread: Milwaukee m18 router bushings

Milwaukee m18 router bushings

I am having some issues trying to find bushing that fit my m18 trim router. The hole in the baseplate that came with it is too big to accept standard bushings. I bought a milescraft universal baseplate and that will bolt on. The problem is the universal plate is offset from the center making a bushing useless. I went to home depot and asked a employee they didn't know. I also looked at the floor model and that has the same baseplate as mine. I know I could make a baseplate that will work but It seems like I'm missing something. Does anyone have this same issue?

I'm reading the user guide online for the M18 Fuel trim router. It says that the router comes with a 5 3/4" round baseplate, which has 1 3/16" hole for template guides. 1 3/16" is the usual spec for the nearly-universal "Porter Cable template guides". That is, I think you might have everything you need.

if it's as Jamie Buxton says above, there is one addition that may help. a Centering Cone similar to Bosch part RA1151. This is a tool to get the base plate concentric with the router collet. Under $10 to buy and priceless to own.
    earl

This is the baseplate mine came with. The hole is 1 1/2". I bought this when they first came out maybe the newer ones are different.
    20220808_211450.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch schiffer View Post
    This is the baseplate mine came with. The hole is 1 1/2". I bought this when they first came out maybe the newer ones are different.
    20220808_211450.jpg
    Ah. I'd guess that Milwaukee sells that other baseplate -- the one that accepts the standard template guides -- and you should be able to find it from online Milwaukee dealers.

There are two base plates shipping with the router. The std. 4” base Mitch shows, and a “template” base at 5-3/4” I believe.

The latter accepts the ubiquitous PC guides.

I bought one of these a few months ago and the large base accepts PC bushings. Looks like the small base is not set up for bushings.

Mitch,
    The picture you show is the small base. Is that all you received with it?

I did order another milwaukee trim router and that one did come with 2 baseplates. I don't remember getting 2 with the first one I purchased but I could have thew it away with the packaging by accident. Thanks for the replies.