Thread: Downsizing shop - Plano vertical glue press

Downsizing shop - Plano vertical glue press

$400

Unscrew from my shop wall and screw to your shop wall. Great space saver.

5 43 inch clamps
    2 rails = 78 3/4 inches long

Located Greenville, SC

Why is PLANO your best solution for gluing solid wood panels?
    • PLANO produces a superior quality glued-up panel. Unique, patented PLANO design provides pressure on both edges and both faces of the project, creating superior quality joints and completely eliminating buckled panels.
    • PLANO can handle almost any size panel you need. Thickness: PLANO’s linking arms automatically adjust to any board thickness from 0+ up to 5”.
    • Length: limited only by the length of the wall where you mount your PLANO, and by number of mounting rails you have installed (onto which you hang your PLANO clamps). Just butt one 39.37” (1000mm) mounting rail next to another: the final rail can be easily cut off to suit your exact requirements, if needed. We generally recommend one PLANO clamp for every 12” of rail, but this will vary based on the specifics of your glue-up.
    • Width: PLANO clamps are available in two heights: the original 43” (1100mm) with a maximum clamping width of 41-1/4"(1048mm) , and the expanded 49” (1250mm) with a maximum clamping width of 47-1/4" (1200mm). 55" clamps can be produced on special order. Clamp height determines maximum clamping width, since panels are held on their side in the PLANO system. All sizes let you clamp a single large panel or multiple narrower panels at one time, up to the total capacity of the clamp. To clamp several smaller panels edge-to-edge, simply leave out the glue between the last and first boards, respectively, of the adjacent panels.
    • PLANO is maintenance-free. PLANO clamps are easily cleaned of glue residue and are designed to provide a lifetime of consistent operation and professional-quality results. PLANO makes stronger joints than conventional clamps or less advanced systems. Unlike pipe/bar clamps which invariably “pinch” slightly on the bar side, PLANO applies centered and even pressure to the gluing surface because it completely surrounds the joint, resulting in a stronger, better-looking joint even without the use of dowels or biscuits.
    • PLANO saves you space. Vertical wall mounting cuts the shop surface area required for gluing up with conventional bar clamps, gluing racks or gluing tables by up to 90%.
    • PLANO saves you money. Wide boards cost more and tend to warp; with your PLANO you can easily glue up more affordable narrow boards to produce wide, warp-resistant panels. And because Plano properly aligns your boards better, panels glue up flat and require less planing and surfacing, That lets you start the process with less surplus wood thickness, too, so you can save even more on your lumber purchases.
    • PLANO saves time and effort. vertical position of panels makes loading easy and reduces drying time. properly set up, panels can never “rack”: your panels are always square. proper alignment of the boards (no buckling) saves hours of planing and sanding. Dowels and biscuits become unnecessary, further reducing cost and time.

PLANO was invented over 20 years ago, has proven its unique benefits around the world, and today continues to be manufactured exclusively in Sweden with the same focus on quality, ensuring that its performance and reliability remain as consistent today as when it was first introduced.
    Technical data: Work piece thickness max 0 - 5", Gluing height max 41.25-50" dependent on length of clamp, Gluing pressure 1750 lbs, (1 inch = 25.4mm)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220805_105619379.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	220.6 KB 
ID:	484019  

Interesting. I am familiar with larger, floor standing clamp racks (like JLT) but have never seen this brand before.

I watched a few videos but couldn’t tell - do the front clamps open wide enough to slide, say a passage or entry sized door in between them or would that be really cumbersome?

I obviously see the advantage for panels or all sizes and smaller cabinet sized doors, but wonder if it could handle a 36x80 ish passage door?
    Still waters run deep.

Phillip, I believe they open about 5 inches wide by about 40 inches long.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Mitchell View Post
    Interesting. I am familiar with larger, floor standing clamp racks (like JLT) but have never seen this brand before.

I watched a few videos but couldn’t tell - do the front clamps open wide enough to slide, say a passage or entry sized door in between them or would that be really cumbersome?

I obviously see the advantage for panels or all sizes and smaller cabinet sized doors, but wonder if it could handle a 36x80 ish passage door?

Could not figure out how to edit original post.

Price reduced to $300. Any takers?

Dan

I would be interested. I just picked up a set of 3 and would love to expand the length I can do. I can't seem to find any parts many places online either. The complicated part may be that I live a ways out from you. Any chance you would be willing to ship for an extra fee?

Kevin,
    Yes, I can ship. Send me your zip and I'll find out amount.
    Dan

Hey, Dan. I sent a private message with info, not sure if you saw that or not. Also what are the odds you or anyone else knows if/where to obtain parts for some of these products? I've browsed around and it seems minimal. I'm thinking I will likely just have someone make me some 3D printed parts for the plastic hangers in the track.

The Felder/Hammer dealer in New Castle ,Delaware sold those . Felder USA They open 9/26/22 at 8:00 AM Est.
    Last edited by Ed Griner; 09-25-2022 at 1:29 PM.