Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: In The Grocery Section, Disappearing Store Brands

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    We have a rescue that has a delicate tummy and will throw up most dry food a few minutes after eating it. We try to restrict him to wet food which he's okay with but it takes vigilance. We recently found a dry cat food intended for delicate tummies. He doesn't seem to throw that up. It's a national brand -- Purina? Might be worth a try.
    We're using Purina Beyond Simply Grain Free now. She likes it and the supply is reliable. She got about some dry (Purina ProPlan) before, maybe 1/4.

It's not like she was constantly sick, just very random, but it went from once a week or so on the wet/dry mix to maybe only once or twice total on the new dry-only. I suspect it's mostly just because she eats the dry stuff slower.
    Last edited by Lee DeRaud; 08-11-2022 at 9:20 PM.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    We have Mike's Discount Foods locally. The store closest to me always used to stink like rotten food. They moved to a larger location and that location doesn't smell. Pretty much everything is at, or beyond, the sell by date. Heck, I was there in June or July and they still had Christmas candy and cookies I assume from the 2021 holiday season.
    Ah yes, Mike's Discount Food. I remember back when it was Tried and True, Mill End Textiles, and Mike's Discount foods all together in that old former Petco Store (or Petsmart or whatever it was originally) up in Fridley.

The Used Tool Store, Used Fabric Store, and Used Food Store all together in one convenient location. My kids will recall many a Saturday morning going to that Trifecta. Actually all those stores together made a lot of sense; one store for each spouse, plus day-old junk food for the kids.

Mikes was OK usually if you ate it that day. Plus there was Bob's Food Ranch across the street, with food that was in-date and they had a pretty good deli.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Seemann View Post
    The Used Tool Store, Used Fabric Store, and Used Food Store all together in one convenient location. My kids will recall many a Saturday morning going to that Trifecta. Actually all those stores together made a lot of sense; one store for each spouse, plus day-old junk food for the kids.
    Mike's Discount Foods took over the Tried and True Tools building after Tried and True went out of business.
    Last edited by Brian Elfert; 08-12-2022 at 4:26 PM.