Thread: Woodcraft Bands

Woodcraft Bands

Some of you may have used Woodcraft Bands (not affiliated with the woodworking store) in North Carolina. I used them for my smaller bandsaw blades because their prices were very competitive and they used good (Starrett) blade stock. In 2020 John decided to retire and sold his business to Union Grove Saw and Knife. The good news is they hired his welder, and they are continuing John's tradition of competitive pricing and good service. I called them a couple of weeks ago for a quote for 1/4 x 6 x 101" blades and their prices were about $4 a blade cheaper than some of the other places I've used. They also had my customer info on file as they took over all of John's customer files- apparently on index cards. I don't have any financial interest in the company, I'm just a satisfied customer.

https://sawandknife.com/services/woodcraft-bands/

This is good to hear. Woodcraft Bands was about 8 miles from my house before they closed up and there was no notice here locally. I used to drop in and chat with John many times and get a stack of bandsaw blades as needed.

I wasn’t sure exactly what had happened to the business, so it’s good to hear that he was able to sell it and that it continues on in some fashion. He always provided a tremendous value for a quality product.
    Still waters run deep.

I sent them an email asking if they could sharpen Lennox Woodmaster CT blades. Someone got back to me that evening that they could.

Thanks for the update Dave - I just found Woodcraft Bands a few years ago - loved dealing with them.